Where is the Recruiting Momentum?

48 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Also @Mavric I feel really comfortable in saying that the Keyshawn movement directly led to commitments from:

Dismuke, Keyshawn, Gebbia, Tyjon, McQuitty, POB and Avery Roberts. 

I realize Keyshawn is gone.

I realize none of those guys have done a whole lot yet.

I also realize you will argue about McQuitty, POB and Roberts, but the Keyshawn stuff set the ocean in motion for those commits. They were heavily peer recruited by Keyshawn Jr.

Yeah, I'm not so sure on POB or Roberts.

Either POB or Gebbia will be gone by fall.  Dismuke looks OK but not spectacular.  KJJ is gone.  So you pretty much have Tyjon (assuming he stays) and one QB (probably).  Over three years that's not a huge gain.

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

I’m basically Optimist Prime, but I have to say I’m really wondering where our recruiting momentum is at under Frost?

Don’t get pissed, but Riley instantly had it. This time 3 years ago is when all the Keyshawn Sr. Stuff started to unravel. Which led to commitments from KJJR, Gebbia, Dismuke, plus visits from Holmes, pittman(whose little brother has us in his top 10) etc.

Just wondering when it’s going to hit this spring. 

Do you mean recruiting momentum by sheer number of visits or are you thinking visits/chatter from high star guys?

Things will be different under Frost as he is not afraid to go after a low 3 star guy if he thinks he fits or that he sees things in that recruit others don't.  So while we will still have some 4/5 star guys sniffing around, we will also have a lot of low 3/high 3 guys being at the top of the board.

I would expect this staff to elevate the talent they get, like NU used to, instead of getting higher ranked guys that do nothing like we have seen recently.  I do expect bigger things from the recruits Riley brought in now that he is gone.

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

Do you mean recruiting momentum by sheer number of visits or are you thinking visits/chatter from high star guys?

Things will be different under Frost as he is not afraid to go after a low 3 star guy if he thinks he fits or that he sees things in that recruit others don't.  So while we will still have some 4/5 star guys sniffing around, we will also have a lot of low 3/high 3 guys being at the top of the board.

I would expect this staff to elevate the talent they get, like NU used to, instead of getting higher ranked guys that do nothing like we have seen recently.  I do expect bigger things from the recruits Riley brought in now that he is gone.

Yeah I mostly meant the chatter/excitement

40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

19-19. How is that for momentum? 

Didn’t intend to turn it into that, but haha.