Most Rewatchable Movies

9 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Because re-watching an excellent movie is much better than watching a mediocre movie for the first time :dunno

Sure some movies don't lend themselves well to re-watching (who dunnits, mystery/suspense...) because you know what's coming but a well made action, comedy, drama, sci-fi.....why not.

Another terrible movie that I love watching whenever it is on....wait for it.....Starship Troopers.

IDK why but I love that movie.

I guess it's just not for me. Once I've seen something, there's just no desire to watch it again.... Btw, I'm way in the minority on this.

Comedies, I  do understand. I'll probably watch The Office again at some point in the future.

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I've never understood re-watching movies. You already know what's going to happen.....

The same could be said for sex.

(Yes I stole this from Jane on Breaking Bad)

Movies do change a bit every time you see them though. You've changed as a person so your perspective changes, and you noticed things you missed the last time you watched it.

I re-read books too.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Movies do change a bit every time you see them though. You've changed as a person so your perspective changes, and you noticed things you missed the last time you watched it.

I re-read books too.

it is a good point, sometimes I will watch a movie from my youth that I liked at the time and really think it is rather dumb when I watch it now.  Stripes is a movie I think is pretty dumb. IMO it didn't age well.  I will probably be shot for this but I feel the same way about Animal House.  Don't get me wrong it still has some funny bits, but the acting is really sub par in that movie.  

1 minute ago, NUinID said:

I will probably be shot for this but I feel the same way about Animal House.  Don't get me wrong it still has some funny bits, but the acting is really sub par in that movie.  

No question the acting is subpar.  Nobody watched Animal House for Emmy Award winning acting.

There were lots of great movies in the 80s that was the same way.  Well....other than Phoebe on Fast Times.....her acting was spectacular.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

No question the acting is subpar.  Nobody watched Animal House for Emmy Award winning acting.

There were lots of great movies in the 80s that was the same way.  Well....other than Phoebe on Fast Times.....her acting was spectacular.

I haven't watch Fast Times in years, it doesn't hold up all that well either.  Though I would watch again way before I would think about watching Stripes or Animal House.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I re-read books too.

I would be more likely to re-read a book before I watched a movie again. There's more detail that you might have missed.

All this being said, I'm not a big movie guy anyways. I read more books in a year than I watch movies (not counting series, I can get into a good series).

Some movies I mention aren't, or haven't, been on tv yet that I am aware of.  In that case I am referencing watching them on Blu-Ray.

Deadpool

The Avengers

Rogue One

The Last Jedi

Shawshank Redemption

Dumb & Dumber

Animal House

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Lord Of The Rings

Heat

Black Hawk Down

Saving Private Ryan

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

There are probably more, but those are the ones most prominent in my mind.