Under the Radar Things You're Still Salty About

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Literally everything about Chase Daniel.  I loathed that guy at Mizzou.  He torched NU repeatedly and the fact that he's been able to hang around since '09 as a backup QB while attempting less than 100 passes, make tens of millions of dollars AND get a Super Bowl has ticked me off way more than it should.  I've never met him but if I did, I would expect him to be a utter and complete d-bag.

And this.....

• Plus1 4

2001 Nortre Dame game.  My dad missed my first collegiate start to attend that game.  I was playing about 1hr and 30 min away from South Bend and the announcer kept giving updates.  Also a at Mich St a few years back when we were trying to come from behind and DPE gave the international sign for stay away on a punt and then the ball bounced right to him and he almost took it to the house but the Refs said he made a fair catch 

• Plus1 1

I'm not salty about it anymore but my all time 'salty' moment was definitely the '82 Penn State game which was outright blasphemous.  The Huskers won that game and ended up with that game being their only loss as well as ending up being ranked #3.  Who knows how that season would have turned out had we officially 'won' that game...  Some of those losses to Oklahoma back in the day definitely left me feeling pretty salty.  I hated Barry Switzer which is funny because I later grew to really like him.  2009 Big 12 championship game definitely left me feeling pretty salty.  We needed a QB though but still.

Not feeling salty about much these days though.  :3DN:  

Edit:  I just realized that things like the Penn St. game might not be considered 'under the radar' so sorry about that!  I suck at the internet sometimes...

Edited by suh_fan93
6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't care how many INTs O'Hanlon had against OU, that's still his defining moment in program history. 

You are mis-remembering...

The CB...forgot his name, was supposed to be in man coverage and instead played a short zone.  It was O'Hanlon who ran down and caught the VT receiver, preventing a TD on that play.  Yes the Hokies still ended up scoring on the next set of downs, but that's on the entire defense, not O'Hanlon alone.

So what am I still salty about?  Lots of great things have already been mentioned, however, what still galls me today is just how openly crooked Big 12 referees were.  Steve Usacheck, Greg Burke...those two in particular were some of the most anti-Nebraska, crooked ass, mo-fos.  They, and their crews, would go out of their way to penalize the Huskers.  They'd flag Nebraska for the most ticky-tack things.  The problem was, penalties they called against Nebraska were never called on any other team.  Nebraska was practically guaranteed to get called for pass interference if our DB merely touched the receiver.  If I recall, the screw job we received during the Texas A&M game was because we filed an official complaint against Greg Burke and his crooked crew.

Edited by Making Chimichangas
  • Plus1 5

16 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

The CB...forgot his name, was supposed to be in man coverage and instead played a short zone.  It was O'Hanlon who ran down and caught the VT receiver, preventing a TD on that play.  Yes the Hokies still ended up scoring on the next set of downs, but that's on the entire defense, not O'Hanlon alone.

Truth.  That wasnt on Matty.  That dude was a beast.  Haven't had a tandem like him and Asante in quite a while...

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

So what am I still salty about?  Lots of great things have already been mentioned, however, what still galls me today is just how openly crooked Big 12 referees were.  Steve Usacheck, Greg Burke...those two in particular were some of the most anti-Nebraska, crooked ass, mo-fos.  They, and their crews, would go out of their way to penalize the Huskers.  They'd flag Nebraska for the most ticky-tack things.  The problem was, penalties they called against Nebraska were never called on any other team.  Nebraska was practically guaranteed to get called for pass interference if our DB merely touched the receiver.  If I recall, the screw job we received during the Texas A&M game was because we filed an official complaint against Greg Burke and his crooked crew.

That CB would be Anthony West.