Under the Radar Things You're Still Salty About

Not just the goal-line fumble against Texas in '99, but the apparent missed clip on Mike Brown on UT's last TD.  I believe that was also the game where Matt Davison literally caught a ball in his chest, landing on his back and the ref ruled it incomplete, however I think they flagged UT for PI on the play so it sort of didn't matter beyond some field position difference :facepalm: I also think that is the play where Brent Musberger literally shouted "This is highway robbery!"

Edited by HuskersNC949597

Nebraska v. Iowa in Lincoln a few years back. 4th and 1 from the 19 in the 4th quarter.  We throw to the end zone and turn over on downs when there was NOT A CHANCE IN HELL ANDY JANOVICH COULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN US ONE YARD AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT.  We had some momentum and getting that first down and a possible touchdown in the plays following could have very well changed the outcome.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Enhance said:

I've always felt a bit bad for O'Hanlon on that play for a variety of reasons. It was certainly a defining moment of that game but Nebraska ran 66 offensive plays and managed only 15 points.

I always said anyone who blamed him for that loss didn't watch the other 59:45 of the game. We had all the opportunity in the world to win that one. Whether it was his fault or not is sort of irrelevant - it shouldn't have even come down to that one play.

Edited by Toe
  • Plus1 3
13 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

TRIGGER WARNING: 

I don't necessarily want to argue scheme either, but it looks like 2 deep zone; O'Hanlon's got his back completely turned to the outside receiver to watch any middle-passing routes. However, the only route that comes into his area is the Go that the outside receiver runs; the TE cuts an inside route off at 10, and it looks like an Out/Slant combo at the top of the formation. 

Did he catch the guy? Sure. If he would have stayed deep as the deepest, the guy wouldn't have been open in the first place. 

I get what you're saying, but that still doesn't absolve CB Anthony West for blowing his assignment.  If he had done his job, that receiver wouldn't have been open either.

These aren't really under the radar or things I'm salty about but if we can include opportunities that weren't capitalized on...

1982 Orange Bowl loss to Clemson

1984 Orange Bowl failed 2 pt conversion

That should be 7 in the trophy case.

And I guess while I’m at it the 1994 Orange Bowl loss to FSU. A threepeat and make that 8...

Edited by Comfortably Numb
  • Plus1 1

I'm still a little butthurt over the Whorns owning us for about 15 years, starting with the B12 Title game in 1996.  There's just no explanation for some of those losses.  And it still bugs me.      

• Plus1 3
On 3/22/2018 at 8:11 AM, ADS said:

The Ganz int in overtime against Texas Tech circa 2008 was a kick in the sack as well.

I was working during this game and the only part of the game I saw when I was on my break was overtime. It was a nice way to start my break.

Speaking of Texas Tech, what about the Le Kevin Smith INT fumble game

• Plus1 1