Under the Radar Things You're Still Salty About

There's enough salt throughout this thread that I want to strap a rocket engine my pathetic Chevy Sonic and try to set some land speed records on it.  

My young ears learned some new cuss words coming from the living room during that Orange bowl vs. FSU. I remember repeating a few of them years later when LeKevin Smith fumbled.  I don't remember feeling any particular strong emotions during that ISU game/Paul fumble.  I'm still convinced that entire contest actually happened in a completely different dimension devoid of reason, logic, or physics as we know it.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Do you understand the point of this topic?

Maybe make your own topic if you want to talk about the times NU benefited from bad calls, or if you want to talk about how non-committal you are about the bad plays/calls that happened in past games, instead of not understanding the topic and continuing to post in it. Just an idea.

Might have been an ounce of sarcasm in there somewhere 

10 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

In the old days, some calls went your way, some didn't.  Sometimes a team was the recipient of a bad call, sometimes they reaped the benefit of others' misfortune.  So, Mich dad is PO'd about this play.  What about the times NU benefitted from bad calls?  Maybe think about that and feel better.  Or go hug your goat again.  I don't give a damn.

Of course the Huskers benefitted from many bad calls over the years, but this post is about the bad calls that went against us that are still bother us. To have a fumble inside the 20 taken away against our arch enemy, that we can't seem to defeat, on one of the greatest hits of all time, is what this thread is about.

10 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

In the old days, some calls went your way, some didn't.  Sometimes a team was the recipient of a bad call, sometimes they reaped the benefit of others' misfortune.  So, Mich dad is PO'd about this play.  What about the times NU benefitted from bad calls?  Maybe think about that and feel better.  Or go hug your goat again.  I don't give a damn.

Well the entire point of this thread is something that didn't go our way and still irritates us, not plays that went our way and make us feel bad for our opponent.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

Caveat - It's quite likely that Perlman's meddling and Eichorst's ineptitude landed us Scott Frost.

Also, Perlman's meddling led to the rise in prominence of at least a small handful of non-football sports. Big picture, i'm not too bummed about it, even if I think the guy is a dolt.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Bo Pelini embarrassing himself and the school with his sideline antics.  

bo-pelini-o.gif

PeliniMad.gif

Clearly there's more.

I'd take more of this and less of the "ah shucks, we lost again" attitude from Riley. Pelini's players respected him. Saban gets just as pissed off, but its not talked about since he wins titles. 

• Plus1 8

So we're arguing about one guy who would never have won a conference championship here over another guy who would never have won a conference championship here. They both were bad in their own special ways. It just took less time to realize Riley wouldn't win a championship.

Also, Riley failing doesn't mean firing Pelini was a mistake. We should have fired Pelini a year earlier than we did. Luckily we don't have to "take" either of them anymore.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 5
34 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I dont want to tangent this into a Bo debate, but saying he would never win a conference championship is a bit extreme. There is at least one example on this thread of him being screwed out of one. 

It's not extreme at all. He did basically the same season every season, and they were not screwed out of that championship. There was time left on the clock when the ball touched the ground. It's annoying when people whine about that (yes, I know that's the point of this thread, so I'm not telling people not to). I can't relate to wanting to win a game on a wrong result.

His best years, imo, were 2009 and 2010. Every year after that was 9-10 wins and blowouts in every important game. We had plenty of data points to realize it wasn't going to change.

There's a very slight chance he could have won one, but the viewpoint that he wouldn't have is not in the least bit extreme. He was given more than enough time to win one, especially given the bats#!t craziness.

and The Dude is right. People here compare him to Saban all the time. Maybe I don't watch enough Alabama games but I haven't seen Saban act as crazy as Pelini.

Edited by Moiraine