Under the Radar Things You're Still Salty About

11 hours ago, Roll Skers said:

I thought of some more:

Aaron Green transferring to TCU, he was behind Ameer for a while but he would have been a huge stud in Lincoln.

Bubba Starling

[Not Great] Bob Diaco

The A&M Game (Bo chewing out t-magic on the sideline on national tv was not great but okay)

The Texas Game

Every Wisconsin game in the MR and BP era 

Us not being able to return punts in ‘09 (or sometime around there when Tim Marlowe was returning punts)

Having to play Washington 2x in one season

USC in (I think) ‘07

The Melvin Gordon Game

I hope you all (strongly dis)like this list

I'd rather watch the MR Wisconsin games over the massacres of the Pelini era.

• Plus1 5

On 3/26/2018 at 11:43 AM, Moiraine said:

So is the question whether gravity existed during that moment? Because the clock still says 0:01 after the ball bounces up (or if gravity doesn't exist, floats up without having hit the ground).

Here's my problem with the call and it doesn't just apply to this game...it's kind of a tangent but still bugs me...there's a different set of clock rules at the end of each half. That play happens in the middle of the 3rd quarter for example and 2 maybe even 3 seconds tick off before the clock stops. Again, I just don't like the inconsistenciesof game clock management in sports.

2 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Here's my problem with the call and it doesn't just apply to this game...it's kind of a tangent but still bugs me...there's a different set of clock rules at the end of each half. That play happens in the middle of the 3rd quarter for example and 2 maybe even 3 seconds tick off before the clock stops. Again, I just don't like the inconsistenciesof game clock management in sports.

That happens in every game. Yes, it's stupid. But it was the same stupid for that game as for every other.

28 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I agree it happens all the time, but do you really want 30 minutes of reviews in order to get 30 seconds of game time back?

On 3/27/2018 at 1:12 PM, TGHusker said:

You know that is something else that 'CHAPS' me. Our poor balance on O vs D under Bo.  If we had the 2008 or 2010 offense with the 2009 Defense - national championship.  It seem like wt Bo were could be good with one but not with the other.  He could never get the scales to balance.  :bang

Bo had both in 2010 and couldn’t pull it off. However T-Magic getting hurt derailed the O for the 2nd half of the year ultimately costing the A&M, well that and the ref screw job, and OU games.

11 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Bo had both in 2010 and couldn’t pull it off. However T-Magic getting hurt derailed the O for the 2nd half of the year ultimately costing the A&M, well that and the ref screw job, and OU games.

If Martinez doesn't get hurt, we more than likely end that season with 13 wins and a conference championship. 

• Plus1 3

On 3/28/2018 at 4:19 PM, Moiraine said:

I don't even like thinking about 2010.

Yeah. There may not have been a singular salty moment like these others, but five games into the 2010 season the Huskers were the most exciting team in the nation, and our Heisman caliber quarterback was a freshman. My fanhood was on fire.

Game 6 was against Texas, unranked and struggling. Memorial Stadium was roiling for revenge. Then the entire team s#!t the bed at the same time. 

For a couple more weeks it seemed like we could recover the magic. Then Martinez went down.

That 19 - 7 loss in a rematch with Washington in the Holiday Bowl might be the worst end to a Husker season in my memory. 

56 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah. There may not have been a singular salty moment like these others, but five games into the 2010 season the Huskers were the most exciting team in the nation, and our Heisman caliber quarterback was a freshman. My fanhood was on fire.

Game 6 was against Texas, unranked and struggling. Memorial Stadium was roiling for revenge. Then the entire team s#!t the bed at the same time. 

For a couple more weeks it seemed like we could recover the magic. Then Martinez went down.

That 19 - 7 loss in a rematch with Washington in the Holiday Bowl might be the worst end to a Husker season in my memory. 

At that point I didn't care (and neither did the team). I have to commend Frost actually. I think it's an added challenge to beat the same team twice in the same season.

Edited by Moiraine
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

S#!t rolls downhill, and there were some distractions before that Texas game, if I remember right. 

14 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Was that the year he got turftoe by kicking a locker? 

No. 2010 was the injury vs Missouri that almost assuredly cost us the conference championship. Although you take that kind of chance with a running QB.

2013 was the season he supposedly kicked a locker after the Wyoming game.

Edited by Moiraine