What Sports Skill Would You Most Like to Have Right Now?

Dreaming  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely the 4.4. Short golf game doesn't help me when I've only played the game once (i.e. it might take me 10 hits to get the ball on the green). Dunking doesn't help me when no one watches the WNBA. Throwing a baseball 100mph could be handy but I'd have to convince someone to let me play. I'm guessing a minor league team would take me.

The 4.4 is versatile. There are a lot of Olympic sports I could try to do, and it'd be in the news because I'm ancient for an Olympian.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I don't understand why more people aren't picking dunk a basketball. If you're a golfer, then I understand picking the short game. Makes sense. But I'd pick dunk and it isn't even close.

Been there, done that.  When I was a freshman in college I could take two steps from the free throw line and jam it with both hands.  So there's that.  :)

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I don't understand why more people aren't picking dunk a basketball. If you're a golfer, then I understand picking the short game. Makes sense. But I'd pick dunk and it isn't even close.

I would say since most people can’t run the length of a basketball court full speed 50 times a game without dying , can’t play defense , or make a high percentage of any other shots . I don’t think dunking  alone would get anyone a paycheck from the NBA . 

With Reasonably accurate  drives,  and a great short game you could make good money in tournaments  . You could do it til you were 80 too . 

Edited by Big Red 40
4 hours ago, NUance said:

Been there, done that.  When I was a freshman in college I could take two steps from the free throw line and jam it with both hands.  So there's that.  :)

Fair point. I understand your reasoning. I feel confident in saying you are in the minority though of people on this board that can or could dunk. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

I would say since most people can’t run the length of a basketball court full speed 50 times a game without dying , can’t play defense , or make a high percentage of any other shots . I don’t think dunking  alone would get anyone a paycheck from the NBA . 

With Reasonably accurate  drives,  and a great short game you could make good money in tournaments  . You could do it til you were 80 too . 

I'll give anyone that picked golf the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't pick mine based off money. I just based it off of what would be cool to brag about. You could play pickup basketball into your late 30s or early 40s. It didn't specifically say you could dunk over someone, but it didn't say you couldn't either. Dunking on someone in a pickup game would give you more "street cred" among your friends than any of the other three. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

Fair point. I understand your reasoning. I feel confident in saying you are in the minority though of people on this board that can or could dunk. 

For the sake of full disclosure, I'm about 40 lbs heavier now than I was then.  Even with a running start,  I doubt if I could jam a tennis ball with one hand now.  #GravityWins