What Sports Skill Would You Most Like to Have Right Now?

Dreaming  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/23/2018 at 5:57 PM, Moiraine said:

Definitely the 4.4. Short golf game doesn't help me when I've only played the game once (i.e. it might take me 10 hits to get the ball on the green). Dunking doesn't help me when no one watches the WNBA. Throwing a baseball 100mph could be handy but I'd have to convince someone to let me play. I'm guessing a minor league team would take me.

The 4.4 is versatile. There are a lot of Olympic sports I could try to do, and it'd be in the news because I'm ancient for an Olympian.

If you were regularly posterizing people in the WNBA, I would watch the s#!t out of that

On 3/24/2018 at 10:54 PM, Hans Gruber said:

I'll give anyone that picked golf the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't pick mine based off money. I just based it off of what would be cool to brag about. You could play pickup basketball into your late 30s or early 40s. It didn't specifically say you could dunk over someone, but it didn't say you couldn't either. Dunking on someone in a pickup game would give you more "street cred" among your friends than any of the other three. 

Yeah, I didn’t even begin to consider which of these could earn a paycheck. Dunking would definitely be the coolest considering I cant even touch the rim now. I’ve got absolutely no use for a 4.4 or 100 mph fastball. I don’t like to run and nobody is going to hire a 50some year old for relief or a closer and the last thing I want to do is hang out with a bunch of stud 20 year olds. A good short game would be useful but I’d have to find time to actually play and then figure out how to get close in fewer strokes to even make it payoff. Dunk it is. The neighbors would be envious.

In high school, I had possess glued hands and fairly quick speed, ala Jordan Westerkamp, but somewhat smaller size, 155lbs and 5'9 height.  I briefly played WR position, Sioux Falls Washington HS.  However, mostly rushing attack, and our QB didn't hit door barn.  Plus, our HC was very strict, I think he was a former gung-ho Marines.  He required butch or very short haircut.  At the time (c.1970), hippy type hair.  Anyway, I quit in junior class ........ now full time motocross and short track racer (fairly successful).  I liked it.  And perks, lots of girl "groupees" :D

100mph fastball for me as it's strictly a money play.  I guess I would need to define what short game is.  If we're talking that I'm absolute nails from say 100 yards in that makes it a much more difficult choice than say only being good around the greens for chipping/putting.

10 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

100mph fastball for me as it's strictly a money play.  I guess I would need to define what short game is.  If we're talking that I'm absolute nails from say 100 yards in that makes it a much more difficult choice than say only being good around the greens for chipping/putting.

I'd say short game is any time you use an iron or say, within 160 yds. of the green.

Edited by MLB 51
  • 10 months later...