Huskers looking to add grad transfer at QB?

On the Ohio State boards there is a lot of chatter about him going to Nebraska if he decides to leave if not named the starter. There is a lot to take place yet, and like I mentioned in my earlier post, we do not know much from spring practice. Everything right now from Ohio State and Nebraska fans is all speculation. He graduates next month so there might be a few days to a few weeks before we know anything. 

I could see Urban naming Burrow the starter just to keep him on the roster. It isn't like he doesn't know he would transfer if not named the starter. 

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Burrow is battling Haskins to be the starter.  No one else is in the race.  That’s a 50% chance.

IF Burrow were to transfer to Nebraska, he would be competing, as it is right now, against 3 other QB’s to be starter.  That’s a 25% chance. 

I dont get why this is a difficult concept for some of you.

Just because there is 2 people doesn't mean a 50/50 shot.  Agree to disagree

28 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Burrow is battling Haskins to be the starter.  No one else is in the race.  That’s a 50% chance.

IF Burrow were to transfer to Nebraska, he would be competing, as it is right now, against 3 other QB’s to be starter.  That’s a 25% chance. 

I dont get why this is a difficult concept for some of you.

Sir,, the competition he is up against at OSU to be the starter is tougher than here right now. That may not be the case in a couple of years as Frost builds his own roster, but as of today it is harder to be the starter at OSU. Let's keep it real. 

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

What?  My reality is that a guy that has sat the bench at Ohio St and has done virtually nothing in his career has shown nothing to prove he is better than the QB’s the Huskers have.  How is that difficult to understand?

You keep doing this. You have a point but you're defending it with a nonsensical statement and then asking other people why they don't understand.

Nebraska could have 100 QBs. That doesn't mean Burrow would have a 1% chance of starting here and a 50% chance at OSU.

If you don't make statements like that, people won't argue them.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 6
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

All things equal, starting from scratch the OSU job is tougher to win. For Joe Burrow who has been in the OSU system for 3 years, the OSU job may be the more likely opportunity for him to win.

Everyone at Nebraska is starting from scratch.  Well... I guess they have a 3 month head start.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Everyone at Nebraska is starting from scratch.  Well... I guess they have a 3 month head start.  

Seems easier to me to win a job with a system I already know than to try and learn a new playbook then operate it the best over the course of a few months with no help from coaches until fall camp. Not to say he couldn't, because he probably could, but again, OSU is still the path of least resistance between Burrow and a starting spot. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Seems easier to me to win a job with a system I already know than to try and learn a new playbook then operate it the best over the course of a few months with no help from coaches until fall camp. Not to say he couldn't, because he probably could, but again, OSU is still the path of least resistance between Burrow and a starting spot. 

I believe everyone is assuming if he comes here it is bc he didnt win the job this Spring even though it seemed as though he outplayed or was equal to D Haskins.  In that case his best bet would probably transferring to another school.  Ideally for him he would win the job were he is at.  

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You keep doing this. You have a point but you're defending it with a nonsensical statement and then asking other people why they don't understand.

Nebraska could have 100 QBs. That doesn't mean Burrow would have a 1% chance of starting here and a 50% chance at OSU.

If you don't make statements like that, people won't argue them.

Joe Burrow has done NOTHING of substance at OSU to assume that he is better than any QB that is currently on Nebraska's roster.  So they would essentially all be on equal footing for the starting job.  Therefore he has no better shot (on paper) at being the starter than anyone else.  So it should be reasonable that he has a 1 in 4 shot at being the starter should he transfer.  That's not nonsensical.  Thats plain logic.

It's no different than when some people on here look at a recruits HS game tape and start making prognostications that the kid will "start day 1" here.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Joe Burrow has done NOTHING of substance at OSU to assume that he is better than any QB that is currently on Nebraska's roster.  So they would essentially all be on equal footing for the starting job.  Therefore he has no better shot (on paper) at being the starter than anyone else.  So it should be reasonable that he has a 1 in 4 shot at being the starter should he transfer.  That's not nonsensical.  Thats plain logic.

It's no different than when some people on here look at a recruits HS game tape and start making prognostications that the kid will "start day 1" here.  

Still has more snaps during Nebraska games than any other Nebraska qb on the roster.