Huskers looking to add grad transfer at QB?

28 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

Burrows wanting a guarantee is bulls#!t.......we just witnessed Tanner Lee and the kid Callahan brought in........i have seen enough of this crap, pass on the prema donna.

Did he say that or did message board posters say it?

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, jaws said:

I don't think Burrow is going to go to Nebraska either. I think Nebraska missed out the first time around when they didn't offer him coming out of HS. It sounds like it would have been a done deal at the time.

Burrow is a good prospect but he is still an unknown. If he lands in the right situation, I am sure he will do well. I just don't know if he will live up to the hype that is surrounding him at this moment. 

BTW, why does everyone want to add an 's' to his last name?

I think it’s because of Jordan Burroughs being mentioned a lot more recently...

9 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Some people can't even get legendary Husker's names right.  Peters (instead of Peter), Winstrom (instead of Wistrom), Davidson (instead of Davison)... the list goes on.  So how can we expect to get it right with another team's player?

...but maybe it’s simply because his dad was a Husker football player.

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

I think there's a pretty big difference between considering someone a solid transfer quarterback and calling someone a 'very good player' but alas, I agree, it's not worth it to argue semantics.

I think you fail to acknowledge or see Burrow's position here - he's leaving tOSU because Meyer won't guarantee him the starting job. He's not going to go to Nebraska to compete for a spot when he could just stay at tOSU and do that. He's going to go to a place where he either knows he will get the job or is all but assured he's going to get it. That seems like one of our bigger disconnects here.

All I'm saying here is that Frost is probably going to do his due diligence or already has on Burrow, but there's a pretty big difference between thinking about upgrading your car and going to the dealership to haggle. Catch my meaning? Plus, what if Frost truly does like what he has, assuming he's not lying or using coach speak? Then this whole conversation is for naught.

I'm not sure what you mean here unless you're taking my disagreement with you personally, which you shouldn't be. Like you said, it's a message board discussion and we're discussing.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair enough.  

• Plus1 1

I haven't seen Burrow explicitly demand a guaranteed starting spot. However, I think some casual reading between the lines of what he has said helps paint the picture of what he's trying to do.

Although coach Urban Meyer didn't declare a front-runner for the job, both he and Burrow admitted decisions would need to be made. After passing for 238 yards and two touchdowns in the spring game, Burrow made it clear he wanted a chance to play significantly this fall.

"I didn't come here to sit on the bench for four years," he told reporters in Columbus, "and I know I'm a pretty darn good quarterback. I want to play somewhere."

LINK

If he wanted to compete for a starting job somewhere then he would stay at tOSU. Leaving makes no sense for him unless he's going to go somewhere where he's all but assured significant playing time.

• Plus1 1

From all accounts Burrow is very well liked at OSU by the coaches and players. He just wants to play and he doesn't see a path at OSU. He graduated and has the opportunity to go somewhere else to go to school and play and I don't think anyone blames him. I am sure that OSU would love to have him in the QB room but it didn't work out that way. I don't see anyone blaming OSU or Burrow in this whole thing other than some fans that wanted him to start. Some people just like to make a story bigger than what it actually is and read into something that just isn't there. 

• Plus1 1

If you weren't around for it, people on this very board were pretty disappointed when we whiffed on Burrow back in the day. Basically a legacy guy (Dad played here) out of Ohio that committed to tOSU because we didn't offer, as we preferred another Dual Threat QB that year named Kevin Dillman, who was at one point a five star. Ultimately, injuries among other things dictated his future was not at QB so we listed him as a TE, but Riley & co yanked his scholly when they came in anyway.

Now he's at North Texas where he apparently hasn't played.

Burrow wanted an offer here that never came because we had Dillman.

Thank goodness we don't have Tim Beck evaluating QBs anymore. It would be awesome if Burrow transferred here.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

If you weren't around for it, people on this very board were pretty disappointed when we whiffed on Burrow back in the day. Basically a legacy guy (Dad played here) out of Ohio that committed to tOSU because we didn't offer, as we preferred another Dual Threat QB that year named Kevin Dillman, who was at one point a five star. Ultimately, injuries among other things dictated his future was not at QB so we listed him as a TE, but Riley & co yanked his scholly when they came in anyway.

Now he's at North Texas where he apparently hasn't played.

Burrow wanted an offer here that never came because we had Dillman.

Thank goodness we don't have Tim Beck evaluating QBs anymore. It would be awesome if Burrow transferred here.

Oh man, I forgot about him!  Now he is a D-End and never plays...that is crazy.

6 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

it would also be awesome if we had a QB room that the coaches and players were happy with and we decided to add 1 or 2 new members next season - oh wait, we have that.

Such an easy thing to say in May.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

LSU is interesting. They produce a lot of nfl talent at the skill positions yet they always suck on offense. Maybe burrow and an offensive coordinator that puts them in space would work.

They had an offensive coordinator that could do just that, and they fired him after one year. The administration there is a total joke right now. So happy it seems like we finally fixed that problem here.