Huskers looking to add grad transfer at QB?

On 5/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, LumberJackSker said:

LSU is interesting. They produce a lot of nfl talent at the skill positions yet they always suck on offense. Maybe burrow and an offensive coordinator that puts them in space would work.

LSU is one of the great 'what ifs' in CFB to me.  They consistently churn out elite level talent and have one of the most fertile recruiting grounds to choose from that they have a near monopoly on due to the lack of other big time colleges in the state.  How they were able to never, ever, ever land a QB is absolutely befuddling to me.  If Saban had stayed at LSU (not likely due to the absolute clown shoe administration that another poster mentioned) he could've put together a run equal if not better than what he's done at 'Bama.

Ya, Joe Alleva is dumbass. Who hires the guy behind the Duke Lacrosse scandal? F King Alexander does. 

I know a bunch of LSU fans aren't happy with O. I'm just happy that we don't suck, the tides can turn almost instantly in college football, you can become irrelevant in like one season.

F King and Joe Alleva need to go.

As far as getting and developing a QB. Miles had a great plan that went to crap with Ryan Perrilloux. 5 star #1 dual threat qb looked to be the next great one in his limited time. Miles kicked him off the team because he was an idiot. Ever since then it seemed our QB development was always playing catch up having to play young guys before they were ready. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, jaws said:

Such an easy thing to say in May.

Actually under the current circumstances this would be easy to say all 12 months of the year. Do you see something in what i said changing over the next several months - maybe you know something that the rest of us don't?

10 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Actually under the current circumstances this would be easy to say all 12 months of the year. Do you see something in what i said changing over the next several months - maybe you know something that the rest of us don't?

Huh?

He's saying it's easy to say in May that your QBs are good. They're not actually playing actual games. We heard all spring and summer that Lee was going to be really good. It was easy for people to say it then. Much harder when he was throwing pick sixes.

Obviously something could change in what you're saying, as soon as September, if our QBs play horribly. Then I'd wager the coaches and players wouldn't be happy with the QB room. Much harder to say you're happy with the QBs when they're playing badly in games.

• Plus1 3

Had our QBs played poorly in the spring game, our fan base would likely be singing a different tune. However, we had three that had solid games -- hopefully not because our defense is poor. LSU's QBs, on the other hand, all played poorly in their spring game... then again, their defense is much better than ours. Orgeron also knows that he has to win NOW -- the fans are already calling for his head. He can't afford to have a lackluster season. Frost has as much time as he needs.

7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Huh?

He's saying it's easy to say in May that your QBs are good. They're not actually playing actual games. We heard all spring and summer that Lee was going to be really good. It was easy for people to say it then. Much harder when he was throwing pick sixes.

Obviously something could change in what you're saying, as soon as September, if our QBs play horribly. Then I'd wager the coaches and players wouldn't be happy with the QB room. Much harder to say you're happy with the QBs when they're playing badly in games.

Hear what you are saying - and it is possible that all three QB's tank.  I didn't say anything about the QB play being good or bad.  This is a team sport and we will not live and die by one player.  

On 5/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, Clifford Franklin said:

If you weren't around for it, people on this very board were pretty disappointed when we whiffed on Burrow back in the day. Basically a legacy guy (Dad played here) out of Ohio that committed to tOSU because we didn't offer, as we preferred another Dual Threat QB that year named Kevin Dillman, who was at one point a five star. Ultimately, injuries among other things dictated his future was not at QB so we listed him as a TE, but Riley & co yanked his scholly when they came in anyway.

Now he's at North Texas where he apparently hasn't played.

Burrow wanted an offer here that never came because we had Dillman.

Thank goodness we don't have Tim Beck evaluating QBs anymore. It would be awesome if Burrow transferred here.

Kevin Dillman is still one of the weirdest recruiting stories I can remember at DONU. 

• Plus1 6

27 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am pretty sure that Ohio State coaches, players, and fans don't care one iota about Cincinnati.

They will in 2019. But yes, in general, Ohio State doesn't care if one of their ex players goes to UC. I think Urban has a good relationship with Fickell and there have been a couple players that left OSU and transferred to UC.