QB Luke McCaffrey [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will McCaffrey Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan
    • Ohio State
    • Stanford

This poll is closed to new votes

Some articles suggesting we've talked to him about redshirting. If you're an athlete looking to be a QB, but lack in experience and mechanics, that's ideal when you have a QB whisperer like we do. Both parties stand to greatly benefit from this commitment.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I nearly ended my post with this sentiment, but didn't really want to get ahead of myself.

Understandable, it seems like a bold claim, but the numbers put up by QBs in this offense are in that realm. To be really unfair, the bar is set so high that those are the expected numbers in this offense!

10 hours ago, brophog said:

Some articles suggesting we've talked to him about redshirting. If you're an athlete looking to be a QB, but lack in experience and mechanics, that's ideal when you have a QB whisperer like we do. Both parties stand to greatly benefit from this commitment.

Would be ideal, both from a development standpoint, and to put space between him and Gebbia/Martinez. 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Warrior10 said:

We told him we're only taking 1 this class. He said if they change their mind he doesn't care, he welcomes competition. However, they seemed very set on just 1. 

That surprises me, figured we'd take two but with one(or possibly both) being a qb/athlete that could always change positions. 

23 minutes ago, Danimal said:

That surprises me, figured we'd take two but with one(or possibly both) being a qb/athlete that could always change positions. 

If the coaches are comfortable with what we have and truely believe in Luke I think it would just create an unnecessary log jam. 

We will enter 2019 with 4 scholly QB's that are Soph or younger. 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, Mavric said:

* .... assuming no one else leaves.

It won't shock me in the slightest if Gebbia leaves if he isn't the starter.

That is the most likely scenario in which the QB room reduces. Otherwise, I would think everyone on the roster stays for next season, and we add McCaffrey.

46 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

If the coaches are comfortable with what we have and truely believe in Luke I think it would just create an unnecessary log jam. 

We will enter 2019 with 4 scholly QB's that are Soph or younger. 

I'm betting that number will be 3.