Huskers @ Creighton - March 27

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

This team is frustrating to watch...

Probably why NET didn’t make it a priority to put it on tv. Got off of work and checked twitter, no one was tweeting about the game except Nebraska Baseball twitter handle and a little bit from Jon Nyatawa.

Lack of interest is not good or who else am I missing that covered the game?

On 3/28/2018 at 7:32 AM, BlitzFirst said:

I've watched all I can this season thus far....this team is not very good and won't make it to post season in my opinion.  Another down year for Erstad....I wonder if he'll ever have an up year again?

He won't, he's not a great recruiter.   The excuses are : We no longer play in the Big12 so good players don't want to play here because they can't play in Texas in front of scouts (scouts come regardless if you are good).  The Big10 had improved mightily (still one of worst baseball leagues in the country).  It's hard to be good without tradition (we were pretty good for awhile)  Local kids won't stay here to play, which is sort of true, Erstad doesn't keepthe talent (we have had plenty of in state talent)

Nebraska has no excuse to not compete in the tournament that is held inside it's own state every year.   I find it mystifying that you literally have one of the biggest recruiting tools in the country and you fail to take advantage of that.   You never hear Erstad talking about Omaha, or going to the CWS.  It's very frustrating when we have had something going and have continued to squander the program.  The berms were so packed for those games it was incredible, great loud crowds.   It's hard to watch what it has become.   Personally I wish the Dodgers would have offered him, because the nostalgia play isn't working. 

38 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

You never hear Erstad talking about Omaha, or going to the CWS.

He did in his first year on the job, it's kinda weird how all the stuff about chaos on the basepaths and stuff has just disappeared and this is the product we're getting.  Unless by chaos he meant finding ways to run yourself out of an inning, that happens a bit.