Eligible Transfers 2018

Michael Finke: 6'10 F/C (Illinois) - If I'm Tim Miles I am calling him today. I think he could for sure take us over the top and would be a great fit for this team

Armani Branch 6'6 G/F (VMI) - Good 3P shooter which this team is lacking 

Kyle Castlin 6'4 SG (Columbia) - Good shooter and defender 

Nat Dixon 6'4 SG (Chatt) - Good shooter. Rebounds well for a guard 

Jontray Harris 6'4 SG (Oral Roberts) Athletic kid. Good 3P shot 

Ryan Luther 6'9 SF (Pitt) Was averaging 12/10 before getting hurt 

Tariq Owens 6'11 PF (St Johns) Avg 8/6 this year 

Ryan Taylor 6'6 SG (Evansville) Led the MVC with 21 ppg 

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Michael Finke: 6'10 F/C (Illinois) - If I'm Tim Miles I am calling him today. I think he could for sure take us over the top and would be a great fit for this team

Armani Branch 6'6 G/F (VMI) - Good 3P shooter which this team is lacking 

Kyle Castlin 6'4 SG (Columbia) - Good shooter and defender 

Nat Dixon 6'4 SG (Chatt) - Good shooter. Rebounds well for a guard 

Jontray Harris 6'4 SG (Oral Roberts) Athletic kid. Good 3P shot 

Ryan Luther 6'9 SF (Pitt) Was averaging 12/10 before getting hurt 

Tariq Owens 6'11 PF (St Johns) Avg 8/6 this year 

Ryan Taylor 6'6 SG (Evansville) Led the MVC with 21 ppg 

Wow, you want Finke?  He is not a bad player the problem is he can't play big, which sort of sucks but he can be a good stretch 4.  

Tariq Owens is the one that a lot of schools will want.

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wow, you want Finke?  He is not a bad player the problem is he can't play big, which sort of sucks but he can be a good stretch 4.  

Tariq Owens is the one that a lot of schools will want.

I wish he did rebound better. I'd be more than okay with Owens and think he could help us even more but would be a harder pull. Rebounding and 3P shooting is what next year's team is missing. 

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I wish he did rebound better. I'd be more than okay with Owens and think he could help us even more but would be a harder pull. Rebounding and 3P shooting is what next year's team is missing. 

Owens, sadly, will probably end up at Maryland...and they are young and loaded next year.

6 hours ago, Roll Skers said:

There is a 7 footer from NC State who averaged 16.5 per game and a Freshman Guard from pitt who averaged 9.5 who we are apparently in the mix for

I think the NC State guy is looking to go back over-seas (Not sure but I think that is him)

The stud from Xavier is on the market...17/9 guy

7 hours ago, Roll Skers said:

There is a 7 footer from NC State who averaged 16.5 per game and a Freshman Guard from pitt who averaged 9.5 who we are apparently in the mix for

I've heard Omer wants to try out the NBA and possibly overseas, but he also hinted at transferring if those don't work out. The kid from Pitt isn't eligible next year - that's what the thread was about. I know we are also looking at the PG from Evansville but he has to sit out a year as well 

20 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I've heard Omer wants to try out the NBA and possibly overseas, but he also hinted at transferring if those don't work out. The kid from Pitt isn't eligible next year - that's what the thread was about. I know we are also looking at the PG from Evansville but he has to sit out a year as well 

Anyone that has to sit a year is nice for 2019-2020, but probably won't get to actually play for Miles.

Edited by ScottyIce
57 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Anyone that has to sit a year is nice for 2019-2020, but probably won't get to actually play for Miles.

Next year is Mile's most talented team since he's been here. Get top 4 scorers back and should make the tournament...That won't get your fired 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Next year is Mile's most talented team since he's been here. Get top 4 scorers back and should make the tournament...That won't get your fired 

Most talented team yes. As far as saying we will make the tournament- lets just keep in mind a large number of our wins this year came off the back of a down year for the conference. If most of the teams make a jump back to their normal prowess dont count on as many wins. 

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Most talented team yes. As far as saying we will make the tournament- lets just keep in mind a large number of our wins this year came off the back of a down year for the conference. If most of the teams make a jump back to their normal prowess dont count on as many wins. 

We don't have to win 22 games (clearly). We will beat some more notable teams next year to have our resume' look better 

Edited by BIG ERN
2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

We don't have to win 22 games (clearly). We will beat some more notable teams next year to have our resume' look better 

I can buy that we would prob upset a team or 2 next year. But what if we only get to 18 wins and finish 7th in conference. Does that get us to tournament?