Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jacob deGrom for Cy Young.  I know.  It won't happen.  Because baseball is screwed up.

 

He currently leads the NL in ERA .... by over half a run

He is second in strikeouts 

He is tied for second in WAR (among pitchers)

He is second in WHIP

 

But he won't win.  Because he's 6-7 and Scherzer is 15-5.  Granted, Scherzer is right there at the top of all those lists as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

The voting is truly rigged if he doesn't win a Cy Young this year. He's been absolutely incredible. 

His win/loss record will be the only thing that keeps from winning it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

The voting is truly rigged if he doesn't win a Cy Young this year. He's been absolutely incredible. 

 

It would seem like his stats should be good enough.  Unfortunately for him Scherzer has been just as good - slightly higher ERA but better WHIP and more strikeouts - and is 17-6.  So he'll probably win it.  Nola has been good too.

 

Just noticed that the top four in NL ERA are all in the East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

His win/loss record will be the only thing that keeps from winning it.

Which shouldn't be the case. King Felix won the Cy a few years ago and was 13-12. 

 

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

It would seem like his stats should be good enough.  Unfortunately for him Scherzer has been just as good - slightly higher ERA but better WHIP and more strikeouts - and is 17-6.  So he'll probably win it.  Nola has been good too.

 

Just noticed that the top four in NL ERA are all in the East.

I understand Scherzer and Nola are right there with him. But Scherzer has struggled (compared to normal for him) his last few starts. And to me without looking at stats it just feels like DeGrom has been pitching this well for the entire season and had he gotten any run support at all he would have 12-15 wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One week left of the regular season and of course the Cards play the 2 best teams in the NL. I don't expect them to catch either team but i'm confident they can hang on to the 2nd wild card spot and from there anything can happen. 

 

Also I think it's time we hand the NL Cy Young to DeGrom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

42500797_1012157188972636_81589188913811

This stat is insane. Is there another pitcher who's had worse run support over a full season that what he's had this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×