With limited media coverage of practice...

I’m all about the message board drama so I’m glad the practices are closed:snacks:

Edit: I’m more interested in how the coaches viewed the practices then some reporter. Until what the coaches say doesn’t match what we observe on game day, I have no problem with closed practices even though I’m highly interested in any news with this new staff. I think reported practice observations in the past generated more drama than spurious rumors.

Edited by 4skers89
  • Plus1 2

I don't have a problem at all with closed practices.  Fans do not have some constitutional right to every little fact about what every player is doing in practice.

I like Frost controlling the messaging while he changes the culture around the program.

Media people who complain about it are only doing so because it makes their job harder.  I'm not crying tears over that.

• Plus1 1

I would agree with what has been said already.  These guys are going to actually have to use their Journalism degree and actually do work to get their stories and maybe the stories they write will be better as they have less content to write about instead of just click bait articles.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It definitely makes the media’s job harder with limited/no access to practices. The media is also the outlet from the team to the fans.  It’s just Frost’s way of handling the team and practices so far. Maybe he will open things up more in training camp. 

When the coaches interviews get directly put on YouTube, are the traditional media even needed?

• Plus1 1

I don't have a problem with the limited access.  I think Sam has somewhat lost his way in his reporting anyway.  I would imagine the media will get to watch some of the first scrimmage that they will have when ever that is and they will just have to be happy with that.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, brophog said:

When the coaches interviews get directly put on YouTube, are the traditional media even needed?

The media tells the fans much more than interviews on YouTube. I think a guy like Sam is a great beat reporter for NU. He not only reports what he sees, but is able to provide opinions on the team on the Pick 6 Podcast and on Severe’s show. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

"Tanner Lee is the next Tom Brady" - media

"Mike Riley has this team buying in way more than under Pelini" - media 

To be fair, those quotes could have been used for 75% of the people on this board. Also, McKewon was very pessimistic going into 2017, and most people hated him for it. 

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 4
43 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Until what the coaches say doesn’t match what we observe on game day

"We want to be in the top 3 in the Big Ten in rushing!" :LOLtartar

I'm... wary about things being held back. Remember spring game a year ago, when we'd hired a 3-4 DC, and then they didn't play any 3-4 defense at all in the spring game? We were told that the coaches just didn't want to show any of it on film for other teams to study. Yeah, I'm sure that's the real reason they didn't want us to see what Diaco's defense really looked like. We certainly saw enough of it during the season....

• Plus1 2

I think the point of the thread that was started (by a super awesome handsome guy) was not so much about who you hate but which media member would be saltiest about the lack of open practices.

It does seem like most people think it will be Sam.  I would rather have MORE access and more open practices because I think it is more interesting for us, the fans.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think the point of the thread that was started (by a super awesome handsome guy) was not so much about who you hate but which media member would be saltiest about the lack of open practices.

It does seem like most people think it will be Sam.  I would rather have MORE access and more open practices because I think it is more interesting for us, the fans.

So it’s Sam because he is the most outspoken about it and that’s also why people seem to not like Sam?