RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Grayson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Frost wants as much speed as he can get from RB's. They train their RB's in practice to try and outrun the defender. Speed, fast, speed, fast, speed, fast. Frost isn't going to recruit a RB that doesn't fit the schemes that Frost runs. Besides, this kid's rating will go up as the services do their evaluations. 

Always remember this run when looking at the RB's that Frost takes a commitment from:

• Plus1 1

On 4/10/2018 at 7:50 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

I trust in the staff's ability to find runningback talent. I believe when we offered Maurice Washington before everyone else he was like a high .87 kid or something. Then 2 weeks later he goes to all american game blows up- everyone offers and he jumps up to a .92 kid. Frost and Co saw the .92 kid when they offered. Everyone else saw it after the all star game. 

That's what I want out of our coaches...find players that are fast, agile, and can play.  I give two turds about what their "star" ranking is.

On April 10, 2018 at 7:59 AM, swmohusker said:

Feel better about our RB room in 3 months with Frost than I did under 3 years of Riley.  

I will once we get the rest of this last class in and ready to play. For all the bodies in the RB room, you didn't need to know Bell's number to recognize he had the ball in the spring game...and I really consider him the floor of what you want at that position. By year 4, 5.....that kind of player should be at the bottom, not top, of the depth chart.

26 minutes ago, brophog said:

I will once we get the rest of this last class in and ready to play. For all the bodies in the RB room, you didn't need to know Bell's number to recognize he had the ball in the spring game...and I really consider him the floor of what you want at that position. By year 4, 5.....that kind of player should be at the bottom, not top, of the depth chart.

We will be in way better shape going forward. Haven't had a top back since Abdullah left. Zero 1,000 rushers since he left either. Bell will prove if he can be that guy or not, but he has some incoming freshman this year that will push him. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

Greg Bell and Washington will be the top backs this year. I think we might have 2 1000 yard rushers maybe. 

I'm hesitant to say Washington will be a huge impact guy right away. Gets here potentially in July? That's not a lot of time to get caught up and used to the routine. Not saying he can't but Bell has a massive head start and there's plenty of competition to be had at the position. Especially if Bryant can get back to being healthy and doesn't need the same massive work load since he'd likely be sharing. I do think he'll be a stud down the road though. 

At this point Grayson is lower rated than Wilbon, Ozigbo, and Bryant. He will probably go up and ratings don't mean everything obviously but hopefully he's the type of player that can elevate the room.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

I don't really like any of the old backs we have. Wilbon was a top recruit but thanks to the coaching of Riley he never scratched the service . nothing on him it was just the coaching staff. That's kinda sad becuz rileys 1st class was prolly his best. Lol 

I feel like Wilbon's out of high school rating and potential would have had people losing their minds if he was a prospect that Frost signed and had 4 years in the system.

• Plus1 1

If nebraska can land Johnson or even bivens to go with Grayson watch out. Becuz that's some serious talent at running back that we haven't had in a few years. And I think we are in for some blue chip running backs in the 2020 class. Add all that in with martinez at qb and we are gonna be awesome . 

• Mavric changed the title to RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]