Post-Practice Presser - March 31

4 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

They keep bringing up that they're not going to yell and curse at the players if they make mistakes. Was this something Riley's staff did? I thought Riley was to nice to do that.

I don't think is so much comparing to Riley's staff as just to a lot of other football staffs in general.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

They keep bringing up that they're not going to yell and curse at the players if they make mistakes. Was this something Riley's staff did? I thought Riley was to nice to do that.

I believe they will get on them the more familiar they are with them. But to that, they will not cuss them out like crazy. Instead, they will teach them how to make plays and not make mistakes or worry about making mistakes. To the Riley comment, yes they probably did not yell at them, but it was more of a do better next time. I would say not teaching them how to get better and not having any urgency. Also, Riley told assistants to back off when they yelled at certain players. 

Just now, Mavric said:

I don't think is so much comparing to Riley's staff as just to a lot of other football staffs in general.

Agree with this, and while Riley was Mr. Nice Guy, his staff may have yelled and cursed at the players, which brings mixed messages to the players.

I know Osborne and some of his assistants had drastically different coaching methods, but the coaches staff still had the same over-arching philosophy of teaching the players. 

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Damion Daniels getting talked-up by Dawson.  DL playing all different spots for now to get a feel for everything.

Sounds like the guys in the secondary are doing some drills at safety and CB, as well. I like that approach because a guy could be a valuable backup if he can play multiple positions. 

We are going to hear a few names pop up that we thought were left for dead so to speak. Hearing Avery Anderson's name was great. That kid is way too talented to not have a role. Some have alluded to the previous staff having a tendency to shelf guys that didn't flash immediately. This is exciting. 

A question that popped into my mind. We've heard quite a bit of praise of the players by the new staff. Is it possible that we may have better athletes than UCF and they (the staff) just aren't quite up to speed yet with what will be required in the B1G? I know Frost has some wide ranging experience including at Oregon and Walters also but I'm curious how we should be taking the praise at this point is n time. I want to accept it and believe it but, due to many prior years of the same sort of talk, I don't want to be severely disappointed  by October.

• Plus1 1