Area Codes on Helmets?

21 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

As for area codes on helmets - I'd prefer if they didnt do that.  Not because I'm a traditionalist by any means, but I'd prefer they find a different way to be expressive rather than copying what was done at UCF.

Not really copying if it is your idea to begin with.   A fairly inexpensive way to let them rep where they are from.  

22 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

As for area codes on helmets - I'd prefer if they didnt do that.  Not because I'm a traditionalist by any means, but I'd prefer they find a different way to be expressive rather than copying what was done at UCF.

Good point.  I really think the idea is pretty cool.  Let the kids rep their area.    Never thought about the "copying" aspect.  Unsure what other thing Frost and Co could bring.  I think there will be a lot of comparisons with NU and UCF for the fore seeable future.  Hard not to with the 0-12 vs 4-8....Exact same staff......Of course that can also be bad.  Regardless, fans need to continue to relax, breath and give Frost and Co time.  (Not implying you or other posters are not)

59 minutes ago, lo country said:

Good point.  I really think the idea is pretty cool.  Let the kids rep their area.    Never thought about the "copying" aspect.  Unsure what other thing Frost and Co could bring.  I think there will be a lot of comparisons with NU and UCF for the fore seeable future.  Hard not to with the 0-12 vs 4-8....Exact same staff......Of course that can also be bad.  Regardless, fans need to continue to relax, breath and give Frost and Co time.  (Not implying you or other posters are not)

I do think it was a good idea - for THEM, but I'd like it if we just did NU now and come up with something unique to let them rep.

3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

I would guess it is to identify the player's helmet.  We don't want mcquitty and avery Anderson fighting over  who's number 4 helmets is who's.   Avery Anderson is 04.   Mcquitty is 104.  Saw 24 and 25 on back of reeds and a. Williams

This is it. If you see them walking around campus, it's on their tags and backpacks. Nothing more to it.