Spring Ball Video Recaps

• Mavric changed the title to Spring Ball Video Recaps

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Love these!  Our social media presence has been improving over the last few years but this is taking it to a whole different level.

Also, has there been more tackling in the first half of this spring than in the previous three years?

I think so;  a couple of players have noted as much in interviews if I remember correctly. 

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Love these!  Our social media presence has been improving over the last few years but this is taking it to a whole different level.

Also, has there been more tackling in the first half of this spring than in the previous three years?

On the HuskerOnline podcast they said there has been quite a bit of tackling to the ground this spring. They noted that this was a significant change from past springs. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Husker Richard said:

On the HuskerOnline podcast they said there has been quite a bit of tackling to the ground this spring. They noted that this was a significant change from past springs. 

I've heard this in a few places and it's a buoyed a fascination in me to find out what practices are truly like at other programs like Alabama, Clemson, tOSU, Stanford, etc. Was Nebraska that far off previously? Are they now on par with some of the more dominant (or often viewed as 'physical') programs out there?

I'm also interested to see what this ultimately translates to in the fall - the combination of speed and physicality. Frost told Osborne he felt that Oregon needed a more physical element when he was a coordinator there, but it wasn't really his situation to control.

45 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Thought i had heard that a team is only allowed so many plays or so many days/hours of true contact - does anybody know the answer?  because if it is based on hours/days - then frost has a huge advantage by running so many plays in each practice.....

Not sure if this is the most recent info., but I found this on the NCAA's site:

Of the 15 allowable sessions that may occur during the spring practice season, eight practices may involve live contact (tackling or thud); three of these live contact practices may include greater than 50 percent live contact (scrimmages).  Live contact practices should be limited to two in a given week and should not occur on consecutive days.  The day following live scrimmage should be non-contact/minimal contact.

• Plus1 2