Post-Practice Presser - April 3

1 hour ago, ADS said:

This may be one of the biggest (low key) points for spring ball so far. Not sure if ILB will be the shot caller for the whole defense, like in other schemes, but you definitely need an in-game leader to be vocal to keep everyone moving in the same direction. Hopefully, he will open up.

33 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

This may be one of the biggest (low key) points for spring ball so far. Not sure if ILB will be the shot caller for the whole defense, like in other schemes, but you definitely need an in-game leader to be vocal to keep everyone moving in the same direction. Hopefully, he will open up.

He's had 5 practices.  He will be fine.  It's good to see that he's being put in the position to be a starter and a leader.

33 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Its tough for a transfer to step in right away and be a vocal leader. I think as he makes more plays and feels more comfortable with the role he will grow as a leader. 

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Its tough for a transfer to step in right away and be a vocal leader. I think as he makes more plays and feels more comfortable with the role he will grow as a leader. 

40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He's had 5 practices.  He will be fine.  It's good to see that he's being put in the position to be a starter and a leader.

You nailed it, @bugeater17. It is definitely difficult for anyone to be new to a team and asked to play a major vocal, leader role right away. I don't know Honas (sounds like @ColoradoHusk might though), but in all of his interviews, he has gained the reputation of being a quite guy. Not going to judge a guy off of a week of spring practice. Here's to hoping he figures it out.

31 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

You nailed it, @bugeater17. It is definitely difficult for anyone to be new to a team and asked to play a major vocal, leader role right away. I don't know Honas (sounds like @ColoradoHusk might though), but in all of his interviews, he has gained the reputation of being a quite guy. Not going to judge a guy off of a week of spring practice. Here's to hoping he figures it out.

I don't know Honas at all.  I just think people need to slow down on some things when stories come out of Spring practice.