WRESTLEMANIA 34

So Wrestlemania is Sunday, kickoff show starts at 4pm and it lools like a 7 hour show in total.  I'm pretty stoked for this card as a whole, looks like one of the better lineups in several years.  A New Japan rematch between Styles and Nakamura is sure to be match of the night, maybe of the year.  Asuka the irreseistable force vs Charlotte the bloodline of pro wrestling.  Miz vs Rollins vs Balor will be specatuclar.  The Smackdown Tag Titles may even be a TLC match which is always a big time payoff.  Can't wait to see who Braun picks as his tag partner for the RAW tag titles,  I'm hoping for Alexa Bliss.  Even Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar will be a good match as much as I dislike Reigns booking.  And if Cena vs Undertaker happens it will be an instant classic.

Anyone else as jazzed as me?

• Plus1 1

Pre Show/Kickoff Show (also airing on USA Network)

-Womens Wrestlemania Battle Royal

-Andre the Giant Battle Royal

-Cruiserweight Title: Sedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali

Main Show

-United States Title: Randy Orton(c) vs Rusev vs Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal

-RAW Tag Team Titles: The Bar(c) vs Braun Strowman & ????

-Smackdown Tag Team Titles: The Uso's(c) vs New Day vs Bludgeon Bros.

-Intercontinental Title: The Miz(c) vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

-RAW Womens Title: Alexa Bliss(c) vs Nia Jax

-Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens & Sammi Zayn

-Smackdown Womens Title: Charlotte Flair(c) vs Asuka

-Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs Stephanie McMahon & HHH

- WWE World Title: AJ Styles(c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura

-Universal Title: Brock Lesnar(c) vs Roman Reigns

-Unannounced, but heavily expected: John Cena vs The Undertaker

My full predictions to come as soon as we do our prediction video 

Edited by Redux

Ready for Brock to be gone, don't need to see him wrestle 4 times a year and 10 times a year jump in the middle of the ring while Heyman cuts a 15 minute promo.  I am in the minority regarding Roman, so I am completely fine with him holding the title.

Asuka does nothing for me.  Win streaks like hers are actually bad for booking, imo.  Plus I love Charlotte (more so the heel Charlotte from her feud with Sasha).

Braun needs all the belts.  He is amazing.  I am so hoping that Ellsworth is his partner.

I don't need to see Taker again.  He was terrible last year and Roman carried him through the match.  And (yes, I know its wrestling), but Taker left his gear in the ring last year for a reason. 

Also, every time Angle and Bryan take a bump I am going to be cringing and overanalyzing it.

Brock is a different breed, he is as antisocial as it gets.  But his title win and every defense so far have been absolutely fun as hell to watch.  He's an underrated worker, when he wants to be.

I'm not a huge Asuka fan, but she has grown on me.  Streaks are made to be broken, hers ends at next years Mania to Ronda.  I jusy hope Ronda id worthy of it by then.

Braun is gold right now.  Ellswlrth would be great, but I still want Alexa.

Taker was in poor form last year, should be much better this outing and against a much better worker for his style.  I kinda hope it's Biker Undertaker.

Yeah Anlge makes me cringe, Bryan to an extent as well.

ATG Battle Royal - MEH (Besides the Wyatt thing very boring match)

Cruiserweight title - Well done.  A lot of hot spots.

Women's Battle Royal - Very MEH

Intercontinental - Very good match.  How could it not be with those 3 guys

Smackdown Women's - Awesome.  Did not think Flair would get the win.

Cena running up the ramp - Moment of the night!!!!!!!

US Championship - MEH (Best spot the 3 RKO's) 

Mixed Tag - Highly entertaining.  Very well done.  Most entertaining contest of the night.

Smackdown Tag - MEH Dud.  Harper & Rowen are garbage

Undertaker/Cena - Cool moment that didn't deliver anything special in ring.

Tag Match - Entertaining match.  Great to see Bryan return in ring

Raw Women's - Good psychology = decent match

Styles/Nakamura - Not the classic I was hoping for but was a good solid match

Raw Tag - Space filler.  Besides Nicholas, this was very forgettable

Lesnar/Reigns - Not the ending anyone expected and thank goodness for that.  Besides the 5 kick-outs, pretty decent match.

Overall it was an entertaining  WrestleMania.  Far from the best and far from the worst.  

Edited by Pedro Guerrero
  • Plus1 1

The begining-to-middle of the show was excellent; certainly on par with what are generally considered the best WMs of all time. Flair/Asuka was the MotN, Ronda was far, far better than I thought she would be, and the American Dragon looked like he hadn't missed a week, let alone 3 years. The end of the show s**t the bed pretty hard, though. Braun is awesome, but his match was dead, and the Main Event was laughable, especially with Brock going over as hard as he did. WWE really needs to take a hard look at what they're doing with WM weekend. Crowd fatigue is very, very real, and it made the latter half of the show suffer. There's no reason there should be that little of a reaction to Shinsuke Nakamura/AJ Styles, even if it wasn't as good of a match as their NJPW match a few years ago. 

What I would honestly do is look at adding another day to the weekend. Put the HoF show on Thursday night, move NXT to Friday night, extend the "Pre-Show" to 2-3 hours and put it on on Saturday night, and do the main events/money matches in 3 hours on Sunday. 

Edited by Cdog923
3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

The begining-to-middle of the show was excellent; certainly on par with what are generally considered the best WMs of all time. Flair/Asuka was the MotN, Ronda was far, far better than I thought she would be, and the American Dragon looked like he hadn't missed a week, let alone 3 years. The end of the show s**t the bed pretty hard, though. Braun is awesome, but his match was dead, and the Main Event was laughable, especially with Brock going over as hard as he did. WWE really needs to take a hard look at what they're doing with WM weekend. Crowd fatigue is very, very real, and it made the latter half of the show suffer. There's no reason there should be that little of a reaction to Shinsuke Nakamura/AJ Styles, even if it wasn't as good of a match as their NJPW match a few years.

The crowd was exhausted for Styles and Nakamura, fatigue is definitely real.  That said, this didn't have to be the instant classic because AJ retained, now they can have a couple more matches and I think by the end of the feud we will have that 5* we all wanted.  Plus AJ was working through an injury.

The main event was a lot better than most are giving credit for.  Both guys dumped all their energy into that and the finish was hugely surprising.  The hard way blood job and the Lesnar win stunned me.  Roman earned my respect from that.  And I get the crowd was tired, but the CM Punk crap has run it's course.  Those two put on a car crash of a main event and the crowd owed them at least a decent reaction after a stellar show.

• Plus1 1