WRESTLEMANIA 34

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

The crowd was exhausted for Styles and Nakamura, fatigue is definitely real.  That said, this didn't have to be the instant classic because AJ retained, now they can have a couple more matches and I think by the end of the feud we will have that 5* we all wanted.  Plus AJ was working through an injury.

The main event was a lot better than most are giving credit for.  Both guys dumped all their energy into that and the finish was hugely surprising.  The hard way blood job and the Lesnar win stunned me.  Roman earned my respect from that.  And I get the crowd was tired, but the CM Punk crap has run it's course.  Those two put on a car crash of a main event and the crowd owed them at least a decent reaction after a stellar show.

I'm over Brock; he's been champ for way too long, and hasn't had an actual wrestling match in ages. Reigns needs a repackage now, too. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm over Brock; he's been champ for way too long, and hasn't had an actual wrestling match in ages. Reigns needs a repackage now, too. 

I can totally understand that.  At first, I hated that he as the champ only came around once in a while.  But honestly, he's legitimately made that title feel important.  He's held it for a year and every one of his matches in that time frame have been a blast to watch.

I think the time is ripe to turn Roman heel and piss on the crowd for booing him.  In turn it will get him over.

17 minutes ago, Redux said:

I can totally understand that.  At first, I hated that he as the champ only came around once in a while.  But honestly, he's legitimately made that title feel important.  He's held it for a year and every one of his matches in that time frame have been a blast to watch.

I think the time is ripe to turn Roman heel and piss on the crowd for booing him.  In turn it will get him over.

If Brock was building up to legitimately put someone over, I would be more excited. I don't think it's building towards that, though. I get that he's a monster and should be built that way, but they've hot-shotted him too much, in my opinion. 

At this point, there's like 3 legitimate people that would be worthy of beating him. Braun should be at the top of that list. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

If Brock was building up to legitimately put someone over, I would be more excited. I don't think it's building towards that, though. I get that he's a monster and should be built that way, but they've hot-shotted him too much, in my opinion. 

At this point, there's like 3 legitimate people that would be worthy of beating him. Braun should be at the top of that list. 

Braun will be champion within a year, deservedly so.  Reigns as a heel would be a good move too.  I'm looking forward to the plan moving forward.

Let's see how much I can remember...

Like everyone else, did not see Brock winning.  I'm not sure what the plan is going forward here?  Are they gonna have Roman win w/ a favorable crowd in Saudi Arabia?  It sounds like Brock might be on a short term contact?

Loved Charlotte ending the streak.  It was needed, I don't think I could have taken a year of Asuka winning and waiting for Ronda.

The Rousey match beat my expectations.  Very good story telling during the match.  A good fun match.

I see people crapping on Braun's partner, but I have no problem with it.  At the end of the day, 'rasslin is supposed to be fun, and this match was that.

AJ/Nak under delivered in the ring imo.  But the heel turned helped a bit.

F Jinder.  That place would have exploded if Rusev had won.  I don't get it.

7 hours is just too damn long too.  If they are going to run a show that long, they need to think about turning it into a 2 night show.  HOF Thursday.  NXT Friday.  WM part 1 on Saturday.  WM part 2 on Sunday.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Like everyone else, did not see Brock winning.  I'm not sure what the plan is going forward here?  Are they gonna have Roman win w/ a favorable crowd in Saudi Arabia?  It sounds like Brock might be on a short term contact?

Loved Charlotte ending the streak.  It was needed, I don't think I could have taken a year of Asuka winning and waiting for Ronda.

The Rousey match beat my expectations.  Very good story telling during the match.  A good fun match.

I see people crapping on Braun's partner, but I have no problem with it.  At the end of the day, 'rasslin is supposed to be fun, and this match was that.

7 hours is just too damn long too.  If they are going to run a show that long, they need to think about turning it into a 2 night show.  HOF Thursday.  NXT Friday.  WM part 1 on Saturday.  WM part 2 on Sunday.

Yeah the Brock win was shocking, glad they were bold enough to do it like that.  I expect Roman to win it in Saudi with a crowd that's just tickled pink to have the match.  Had he won at Mania, the crowd would have s#!t all over it even though it was expected.

Rousey really beat my expectations as well, kudos to her.

Long live Nicholas, undefeated at Wrestlemania.  Nuff said.

AJ and Shinsuke never hit that top gear unfortunately.  Still a solid match, just a dead crowd and I think they handcuffed them here so that they could get another 2 or 3 big matches out of them.

I predicted the Jinder win, not thrilled with it.  Crowd would have been huge if they let Rusev have it.

Yeah I would suggest then doing a Starrcade for Smackdown then letting RAW have Wrestlemania on Sunday.

On 4/14/2018 at 9:01 AM, Red Five said:

Let's see how much I can remember...

I wonder if Vince changed the Reigns march during the march itself.  From the beginning the fans hated it and Vinny didn't want his guy to get booed out of the arena.  

• 1 month later...

Hey @redux what are your thoughts on the news of Smackdown heading to Fox.   Wrestling on network TV.   That should really boost viewers, but will it make it even more "vanilla" than it has become after the 'Attitude Era'?

On 5/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, sho said:

Hey @redux what are your thoughts on the news of Smackdown heading to Fox.   Wrestling on network TV.   That should really boost viewers, but will it make it even more "vanilla" than it has become after the 'Attitude Era'?

I think that the initial move will greatly improve the product.  WWE has to impress their new networks, so they will boost the product up to keep viewership up after the intial numbers come out.  Hopefully they can continue that initial shot of adrenaline, I think overall it's a good move.