Huskers Get All-Big XII Transfer from Texas

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Interesting find. It's weird to me that they're losing so many players, starters no less.  Every team has attrition (Hunter Atherton being Nebraska's this year), but when Nebraska has lost players it's usually not been girls who would start. 

The last time we lost a major starter on the order of Lexi Sun for Texas was when Rachel Holloway left after the 2007 season and basically just quit volleyball.  Atherton leaving is a blow to the program, but she likely wouldn't have started (and there were other issues) and she wasn't nearly as good as Holloway. 

The question with Zelon is, was it toxic because of her, because of personalities that didn't mesh, or did she just perceive it to be toxic?  Sun hasn't said a word about why she left Texas.  One kid leaving may mean it just wasn't the right fit for her.  Two leaving may be more.  Hard to say.  We lost four girls before the 2015 season started, and it looked like the program was in for a rough year.  Cook turned that into a National Championship team. 

With Zelon, the talk is that she's going to find a school closer to home, but that talk was before the post in question. 

As for Lexi Sun, I thought the discussion was around her wanting to play international volleyball (read: US National Team) down the road, with the implication being Cook is a significantly better coach in that regard than Elliot down in Austin. :dunno

Edited by VectorVictor

A lot of Texas fans aren't happy with Elliott and how he is running the program as of late.   They say he is constantly switching things up with rotations and with his offenses DURING the season and literally has no clue what he is looking for.   I have read that Lexi left because she wants to be part of a 6-man rotation and that is what she started out with at Texas but as the season went on,  she became a back-row only player and she was told that she will probably stay there depending on others on the team. 

20 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

A lot of Texas fans aren't happy with Elliott and how he is running the program as of late.   They say he is constantly switching things up with rotations and with his offenses DURING the season and literally has no clue what he is looking for.   I have read that Lexi left because she wants to be part of a 6-man rotation and that is what she started out with at Texas but as the season went on,  she became a back-row only player and she was told that she will probably stay there depending on others on the team. 

I think she became more front court only as season went on as she was weaker in the back row. She came to Nebraska to be a 6 rotation player and improve in backrow 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, huskersrule95 said:

I think she became more front court only as season went on as she was weaker in the back row. She came to Nebraska to be a 6 rotation player and improve in backrow 

Thanks...i must have misunderstood what they were saying.  

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, huskersrule95 said:

Improve is the key word here. The knock against Elliot is that his players rarely improve beyond their core competencies--so if they have a flaw (e.g. Sun being weaker in the back row), that flaw isn't targeted and worked on by the coaching staff at Texass. Conversely, Cook is known for helping improve players as their career progresses, especially improving player weaknesses over time--something that our National Team and International teams look at. 

On 4/9/2018 at 9:50 PM, Stumpy1 said:

True, to an extent--Texass fans were dogging Elliot because of his experimentation--specifically *when* it happened (vs. top teams in non-con play) and not the fact that he was experimenting. Their non-con schedule losses hurt their seed in the NCAA Tourney and fans/pundits have been screaming that non-con games matter to the selection organization, but Elliot seemed (willfully?) oblivious to that fact.