Jamal Lord vs Taylor Martinez

Jamal Lord vs Taylor Martinez. Who do you take?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Boy of the Corn said:

Part 2 of the husker QB poll. Who do you take? 

JLo was one of my all time fave Huskers.  IMHO, he carried that team.  A tap of the helmet and it was JLo right or JLo left......He had the heart and physicality of NU QB's of old.  I'm picking him.  Had Carl Crawford come to NU, JLo might have been a DB....

• Plus1 3

I voted Taylor but that is based on the assumption that he remains healthy as he was as a frosh.   If I have to take the injury, then the decision is a coin toss.  Lord was tougher runner but Martinez was lightning fast.   I would not run the offense he had to but Frost's offense would fit him well.  

Neither would be in my top ten of Husker QBs however.   If Lord could have been even an average passer with a better playcaller helping him out, he would have been great.

I've always said Lord's biggest 'flaw' was simply that he couldn't be a one-man offense like Crouch was. The thing is, he shouldn't have needed to be a one-man offense, but that's the kinda way things were Solich's last few years.

• Plus1 2

This is a tough one for me.  T-Magic was one of the most electrifying players we've ever had and Lord was one of the toughest.  There were times with each when you were wondering what they were thinking.  Both gave it their all but neither won a championship (as a starter).  My vote goes to Martinez since he never wore those awful pants with the fat red line going down the side.