Huskers @ Michigan State - April 6-8

20 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

"Will Bolt please pick up the courtesy phone.  Will Bolt to the courtesy phone.  Thank you."

Yeah, at this rate, I'd think Moos will have already had someone reach out to Bolt. This season is going off the rails quickly. 

11 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Yeah, at this rate, I'd think Moos will have already had someone reach out to Bolt. This season is going off the rails quickly. 

Agreed.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall during practices.  I have zero basis for my take but I wonder what Erstad's coaching style is like?  He was the ultimate grinder when he was a player and I have to guess that style translates over to his coaching style.  When you're not winning games, that grinder mentality wears on you big time and I wonder if the players are starting to tune him out.  You can play like Cal State Fullerton if you want but you darn well better have CSF type results then.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Agreed.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall during practices.  I have zero basis for my take but I wonder what Erstad's coaching style is like?  He was the ultimate grinder when he was a player and I have to guess that style translates over to his coaching style.  When you're not winning games, that grinder mentality wears on you big time and I wonder if the players are starting to tune him out.  You can play like Cal State Fullerton if you want but you darn well better have CSF type results then.

I realize the season is complete crap now and it is conceivable that this team will end up with a record that we haven't seen since the 75-76 teams, but don't see Erstad getting let go.  he won the Big10 last year and has made several NCAA regionals.  (Mr) Moos kept that half-wit Tim Miles for another season, so if he is consistent there is no way he gets rid of Erstad.  It is too bad that Bolt left for A&M, but he won't come back unless he is offered the HC position and don't see that happening this year.

10 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

I realize the season is complete crap now and it is conceivable that this team will end up with a record that we haven't seen since the 75-76 teams, but don't see Erstad getting let go.  he won the Big10 last year and has made several NCAA regionals.  (Mr) Moos kept that half-wit Tim Miles for another season, so if he is consistent there is no way he gets rid of Erstad.  It is too bad that Bolt left for A&M, but he won't come back unless he is offered the HC position and don't see that happening this year.

That's a fair point and I question myself if I'm placing too much stock on Erstad's postseason record which has been so-so in the BTN tourney (9-11 with two good runs) and downright awful in regionals (1-6).  Heck, even one of his BTN tourney runs was that wild ride where they were below .500 going into the tourney and made it to the finals against Indiana back when Indiana was rolling.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

That's a fair point and I question myself if I'm placing too much stock on Erstad's postseason record which has been so-so in the BTN tourney (9-11 with two good runs) and downright awful in regionals (1-6).  Heck, even one of his BTN tourney runs was that wild ride where they were below .500 going into the tourney and made it to the finals against Indiana back when Indiana was rolling.

actually, now that i think about it, the points you bring up about those 2013 and 2014 teams were ones that had Will Bolt as the hitting coach.  hmmm.  i might be able to get on the fire Erstad, hire Will Bolt bandwagon

13 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

actually, now that i think about it, the points you bring up about those 2013 and 2014 teams were ones that had Will Bolt as the hitting coach.  hmmm.  i might be able to get on the fire Erstad, hire Will Bolt bandwagon

Image result for come to the dark side

• Plus1 2