Zac Taylor vs Tommy Armstrong

Zac Taylor vs Tommy Armstrong  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Haha... wow. This obviously went way over your head. I, too, regret wading into it.

You insinuated that the gap between Armstrong and Taylor was similar to the gap between Kap and Brady.

If you're going to try to use allusions, best try to understand them yourself before throwing them out there. 

On 4/7/2018 at 12:04 AM, bugeater17 said:

Would you take Kaep over Brady because he’s a better runner?

To actually answer the question, yes I would. This is college football. Kaepernick has a 59.8% completion percentage in the NFL and he can run. I would always pick a 60% completion percentage + running over Brady or Manning for a Nebraska offense.

That said, my reply also shows why it's kind of a bad example. Kaepernick throws it a lot better than Armstrong did.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
On 4/8/2018 at 2:04 AM, Moiraine said:

To actually answer the question, yes I would. This is college football. Kaepernick has a 59.8% completion percentage in the NFL and he can run. I would always pick a 60% completion percentage + running over Brady or Manning for a Nebraska offense.

That said, my reply also shows why it's kind of a bad example. Kaepernick throws it a lot better than Armstrong did.

You can take Armstrong for a “Nebraska offense” - which is odd because there is no such thing as a “Nebraska offense”- but to say Armstrong was a better qb than Taylor is absurd. 

Edited by bugeater17
9 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

You can take Armstrong for a “Nebraska offense” - which is odd because there is no such thing as a “Nebraska offense”- but to say Armstrong was a better qb than Taylor is obsurd. 

By Nebraska offense, I mean the offense I think the college football team I'm a fan of should have, which I happen to know something about, and whose opponents I know something about. I want the college football team I'm a fan of, Nebraska, to have a QB capable of running the ball well. I would probably want this if I was a fan of any college football team that has trouble competing for recruits with teams in recruiting hot beds. The important part is that it's college football, and I would always take a Kaepernick type of QB over a Brady type QB in college football, if they were both very good at what they do.

Also, I'm assuming your whole post is meant for me, since you're replying to me. If that's the case, what's "obsurd" is you assuming I'm saying Armstrong was a better QB than Taylor, when that wasn't even the question you asked in the post I quoted, nor was it what I said in my post. Your comparison isn't great, therefore someone saying they'd take Kaep over Brady does not imply they would take Armstrong over Taylor.

Edited by Moiraine

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

No.  Not at all.  Not even a little bit.  Not even close.

Zac Taylor was a superior QB when compared to Tommy Armstrong.

And yet, for the offense I prefer to run/watch/cheer for, Armstrong is a much better fit. 

On 4/8/2018 at 2:04 AM, Moiraine said:

If we are doing that I think I would take Marcus Mariotta for this offense!;)

Could you imagine Aaron Rodgers in this offense?  Holy smokes.

3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Fair enough, but that isn't what I quoted.  He said Armstrong was a better QB.  He is wrong.

Entertain this question for a moment: was Zac Taylor a better QB than Tommie Frazier?

Edited by Cdog923
6 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Was Taylor a better QB than Tommie Frazier?

That's a hard one.  If you go buy statistics, yes.  However Tommie had one stat you can't argue with that is the most important stat for a QB.  He won, and won a lot.  That is the most important so Frazier is better.

The difference between Armstrong and Taylor is that Zac won an offensive player of the year award and went to a conference championship game.  Armstrong did neither of those.

6 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

That's a hard one.  If you go buy statistics, yes.  However Tommie had one stat you can't argue with that is the most important stat for a QB.  He won, and won a lot.  That is the most important so Frazier is better.

The difference between Armstrong and Taylor is that Zac won an offensive player of the year award and went to a conference championship game.  Armstrong did neither of those.

But it gets to the crux of the argument I'm trying to make: you can't judge one QB against another based on pure statistics. It does a disservice to the careers of both in question. 

For the record, I agree with you: Zac Taylor was a better QB, in all-encompassing terms, than Tommy Armstrong. I would still take Armstrong, though, simply because he's a better fit for the style of offense I prefer.