Zac Taylor vs Tommy Armstrong

Zac Taylor vs Tommy Armstrong  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

But it gets to the crux of the argument I'm trying to make: you can't judge one QB against another based on pure statistics. It does a disservice to the careers of both in question. 

For the record, I agree with you: Zac Taylor was a better QB, in all-encompassing terms, than Tommy Armstrong. I would still take Armstrong, though, simply because he's a better fit for the style of offense I prefer. 

I don't think it is fair to judge the player because you like the offense better when the argument is BEST QB.  It isn't favorite style of QB, it is best QB.

You admit it is Zac Taylor.  If you put other parameters around the argument or change subtle nuances in the argument, you are moving the goal posts.

11 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I don't think it is fair to judge the player because you like the offense better when the argument is BEST QB.  It isn't favorite style of QB, it is best QB.

You admit it is Zac Taylor.  If you put other parameters around the argument or change subtle nuances in the argument, you are moving the goal posts.

I disagree, completely. To ignore ancillary facts surrounding the argument leads to a fallacy of the truth. It does a disservice not only to the players in question, but the integrity of the discussion itself. 

Edited by Cdog923
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I disagree, completely. To ignore ancillary facts surrounding the argument leads to a fallacy of the truth. It does a disservice not only to the players in question, but the integrity of the discussion. 

Ha.  Holy hell do we need some football games to talk about!

In response to your comment, while I do believe that to be true in large discussion or arguments centering around societal issues or political proposals I don't know if that is necessary when speaking about college football players.  In the end, the goal is to win the game.  When two players are both winners of equal merit, then you go to statistics.  I don't try to look at all nuances in sport because it is not supposed to be anything other than entertainment.

5 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Ha.  Holy hell do we need some football games to talk about!

In response to your comment, while I do believe that to be true in large discussion or arguments centering around societal issues or political proposals I don't know if that is necessary when speaking about college football players.  In the end, the goal is to win the game.  When two players are both winners of equal merit, then you go to statistics.  I don't try to look at all nuances in sport because it is not supposed to be anything other than entertainment.

A-f***ing-men. 

I'm not disagreeing with you as vehemently as I might be coming off; I'm just having flashbacks to that ESPN special from a few years ago when they were trying to rank best teams of all time. 

Edited by Cdog923

On 4/12/2018 at 11:05 AM, Redux said:

Tommy Armstrong was basically all the issues I had with Taylor Martinez, but doubled and half as fast.

How fast was Tommy Armstrong? 

Faster than the Oregon secondary in the 4th quarter,  baby.

Edited by dvdcrr
  • Plus1 2