DE Brant Banks [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

52 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Banks commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, brophog said:

I think that's pretty fair, though to get where we want to go we need much better players. Mick's leadership and how he represented the university are to be highly commended. He's played a vital part in transitioning this program off the field, and that contribution will be felt after he's gone. His on the field performance just never materialized.

What worries me in Banks video is when he does make a play he doesn't really make a play. He'll shed a block, make a tackle, but the runner still gets 5 yards. There is very little impact to his play. There are a number of guys in our class, along both lines, where I wouldn't say that, so he ranks quite a bit below others for me.

A source I'm confident in told me Mick's knees were pretty damn well shot by the end of this season. I think his career progression here mostly had to do with his knees. Remember, he missed most his senior year of HS with a bad knee injury. I think the guy is tough as hell but he continued to deal with knee injuries his whole collegiate career and I don't think he ever really got right.

As far as Banks, we're going to have to hope for good coaching and scheming to get these kids to develop and make some plays down the road.

• Plus1 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...