ESPN FPI Says 5.5-6.5 for the Huskers

I think we have one additional trump card in our hand that most are forgetting to factor in to the coming season and the one after that.   Tom Osborne has been seen  making his presence felt in and around the football offices, etc and certainly is quite proud of Scott Frost and all indications are he supports everything he is doing.   His advice, counsel, suggestions, etc have got to be invaluable in the effort to revive Husker fball.   TO has forgotten more about college football than the commentators etc of ESPN will likely ever know.   His aid and comfort are surely worth a couple wins in a couple of the close ones.  We are hearing the team is actually getting in much better physical shape and this will add a great deal of confidence and  help the physical matchups against the bottom half of the schedule certainly.   

Assuming the general reporting is relatively accurate, the team is doing well and learning and making the effort to get better.   We won't be world beaters but we are going to be a lot harder for the middle of the road teams to push around.  A 7-5 record ought to be very reasonable and 8 or 9 winse is not all that unreasonable.  And a team that ge.  ts a few wins gains confidence and can believe in itself enough to pull an upset or two vs teams with the talent edge.   

Last year was very disappointing to me and I expected much better.    I see no reason to think this team can't be better than last year's team.   Being an optimist, I will say we win no less than 9!

• Plus1 2

I can't hate on ESPN.  I didn't believe the predictions last year and we went 4-8......I'm guessing they are looking at new staff, QB, scheme, results from last year, schedule etc....I can't imagine that we'd drop more than 5.  That would be disappointing to say the least.  I have convinced myself to have patience.....

Remember about a year ago...people were like "Oh my gosh, that Colorado game is going to be soooo tough" and now look...not so tough.  What a fluke season they had two years ago.

With that said Nebraska doesn't have a worthless coach with an unplugged headset anymore...they are not losing any non-conference games and they are not losing to NW, Purdue, Minny, Illinois or Iowa anymore.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Remember about a year ago...people were like "Oh my gosh, that Colorado game is going to be soooo tough" and now look...not so tough.  What a fluke season they had two years ago.

With that said Nebraska doesn't have a worthless coach with an unplugged headset anymore...they are not losing any non-conference games and they are not losing to NW, Purdue, Minny, Illinois or Iowa anymore.

Yeah, cuz we've never lost to teams like those before under better coaches (ahem, Iowa State).  :P

3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'll be curious to see what the LV win totals looks like in a couple months.  I have no basis other than my gut but I think we open at 7 (-125)

Yeah, there was a lot of talk about the line being 6 early last year then it ended up coming out at 7.  

I wouldn't think it would be less than that this year.

• Plus1 1

It doesn't matter how we finish because those of us who were involved in the Scott Frost MegaThread last year agreed that we would NOT crab about having a poor season the first season.  We all said it will be ok if we don't do so well the first year, in fact we gave him 5+ years!  I don't know how we will finish by the end of the year but I DO know that we will play competitively because that is who Scott Frost and his staff are.  They will not tolerate mediocrity so we can rest assured that by the end of the year they look better than when they started then look out the next year because they will continue to get better and better until they are the best again!  GO BIG RED!!!!!

• Plus1 1