Scott Frost vs Eric Crouch vs Turner Gill

Scott Frost vs Eric Crouch vs Turner Gill  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Crouch. 

But it my heart is with Frost. 

Crouch was so good. Just felt like he was in charge of the whole game. He willed his teams to victory and was just electric. If he had an Ahman or Derek Brown to compliment him....he played on some nasty teams. The play he ran over the Iowa Hawkeye on his way to the end zone along the sideline sums him up for me. 

But Frost would never be denied. All he did was win. Just meat grinded opposing defenses and had the inevitable feeling that no matter what they were going out on top. 

Id take crouch for his electricity. 

I voted Frost. Part of the reason is he was just a bigger guy than the other two and was built to handle taking a beating. Over the last decade or so, we've seen how important it can be to have durable QBs.

Plus, Frost is the only one of those three to win a national title as a starter.

Of course a lot of the folks on here have never seen Turner Gill play. He was the best at q/b of the three. As a coach, so far it looks like Frost will be better at it, so far.

Turner turned a bad Buffalo team into a winner. Turner at Kansas, well we all know what happens when you coach there. 

Frost turned a bad UCF team into a winner. Frost at Nebraska, now we wait and see.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

That's a tricky question. All 3 were pretty much perfect for the time and conditions they played in. Gill and Frost are pretty interchangeable IMO and I'm not sure any QB other than Crouch could've carried the 01 team virtually singlehandedly like he did. Would be interesting to see what he could do with a supporting cast like the other two had.  Love all 3 of them so I'm not going to pick one.

Shame on you @84HuskerLaw, dickish answer.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I give Crouch the nod due to still having a great career despite being at a severe disadvantage with having Solich at HC.  Also, taking Frost and Gill's coaching chops into this seems irrelevant to me.

I was going to say something similar (but opted not to, because of the "storm" that often follows when a HC not named TO/Devaney/Frost are mentioned)

2 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I was going to say something similar (but opted not to, because of the "storm" that often follows when a HC not named TO/Devaney/Frost are mentioned)

Haha, yeah I hear you.  Well, I don't think even the most ardent supporter of Frankie can argue he was a better coach than TO.

I'm going with Frost.  Over coming the issues upon his return from Stanford, losing to ASU, the fans reactions etc in 1996 ti turning it around in 97.....Tough as nails, leader, impassioned speech to win the NC...

All three were great QB's for NU in the system they ran...A Heisman trophy winner, NC winner and Gill was 4th in Heisman voting (Rozier won) and orchestrated on eof the most prolific offenses in history......