Scott Frost vs Eric Crouch vs Turner Gill

Scott Frost vs Eric Crouch vs Turner Gill  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, huskered17 said:

Of course a lot of the folks on here have never seen Turner Gill play. He was the best at q/b of the three. As a coach, so far it looks like Frost will be better at it, so far.

Turner turned a bad Buffalo team into a winner. Turner at Kansas, well we all know what happens when you coach there. 

Frost turned a bad UCF team into a winner. Frost at Nebraska, now we wait and see.

GBR!!!

I'm not saying you're wrong, but look who Gill got to play with.  He had a Heisman winning RB in the backfield with him.  He had the Outland Trophy winner blocking for him.  He got to throw to a 1st team All American receiver.  Frost didn't exactly have it rough either with a second team All American in the backfield with him while also having the Outland Trophy winner blocking for him. 

On 4/7/2018 at 7:33 AM, In the Deed the Glory said:

Turner Gill might be the best QB (in Osborne/Solich system) in Nebraska history.  For that reason, I chose him.

I would agree that as a pure QB, Gill wasn't just better than Frost and Crouch, the comparison really isn't close. Two of the three, were at best, average passers. Those same two weren't touched by the NFL as QB draft picks.

On 4/7/2018 at 7:50 AM, huskered17 said:

Turner at Kansas, well we all know what happens when you coach there.

HC-wise, I still feel like Gill at KU had a bit of the same problem as Riley at Nebraska: nice guy who was never able to truly take charge and get control of his team.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, Toe said:

HC-wise, I still feel like Gill at KU had a bit of the same problem as Riley at Nebraska: nice guy who was never able to truly take charge and get control of his team.

I also wonder if both weren't completely hamstrung by the administration? 

Just now, Landlord said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread would have at least 50% less Frost answers over a year ago. The guy was criminally underrated by Nebraska fans until he became the savior that had something to offer us again.

IMO, Frost gets underrated because of the team he had around him, especially in this poll. Similar reason as Gill, honestly. 

Out of these three, Crouch has the worst team around him, and had to do more towards the success of the team. 

This was really hard.

Eric had to carry the most weight - least talented team and coach around him.

Frost had the guts and drive to win - without his drive against Mo - Tom wouldn't got that 3rd NC.

Gill - had great O around him but a suspect D when it mattered.  In 83.  Outside of Tom's couragous decision to go for 2, Gill would have been a NC QB and I think we should consider him that. 

Of the 3, if I had to build an O around it would be Gill. He could pass and run and he was also a leader.  I think he was the more balanced QB.  I never thought of Crouch as a great passer but he could sure run.  Frost could run the option to perfection.   In the end, I voted Gill. 

Frost was tough and made some really amazing pitches on the option, but I don't remember him taking it to the house the way Crouch could. (I couldn't find stats on his longest runs). Like others have said, he also had a better supporting cast than Crouch. I'd put Frost behind Frazier, Crouch and Martinez. I've only watched highlights of Gill so I dunno where I'd put him. I've blocked out some of the Callahan and Solich years so I just don't remember those QBs very well.

13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Frost was tough and made some really amazing pitches on the option, but I don't remember him taking it to the house the way Crouch could. (I couldn't find stats on his longest runs). Like others have said, he also had a better supporting cast than Crouch. I'd put Frost behind Frazier, Crouch and Martinez. I've only watched highlights of Gill so I dunno where I'd put him. I've blocked out some of the Callahan and Solich years so I just don't remember those QBs very well.

Frost's 2nd half against Tennessee, he had that offense running as good as any Husker O ever, including 95. You're right, he was tough.  And he had a physical slashing running style that moved the chains.  Decent throw too.

Somebody mentioned Tommy vs. Crouch.  both outstanding competitors, and yeah Crouch on the 95 team would have been cool.  But also that team was Tommy's from 92-95.  A culmination.  All he did was win win win no matter what.