Liberal ‘Tolerance’ a Complete Joke

Liberals will tolerate any opinion, so long as they agree with it. What a bunch of buffoons. They simply describe any opinion they disagree with as intolerant, and then silence it in the name of tolerance. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/lets-talk-about-tolerance/

I was recently suspended from this board for two weeks for suggesting that transgenderism is a mental illlness. That is, the problem isn’t that the person’s chromosomes and anatomy are wrong, but that the brain is simply confused. So the solution isn’t hormones and surgery in a misguided attempt to make the body confirm to the mind, but in therapy to fix what is wrong with the mind. I was told that my opinion in this regard might be offensive to transgender people. So the solution was to silence me...on this purported discussion board...for offering an opinion that some might find offensive. 

I cited the opinions of innumerable psychiatrists and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5), published by the American Psychiatric Association. So my opinion is supported by experts in the field and their definitive guide to such matters. It didn’t matter. The mere possibility of hurt feelings trumps all. 

Some discussion board. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Liberals will tolerate any opinion, so long as they agree with it. What a bunch of buffoons. They simply describe any opinion they disagree with as intolerant, and then silence it in the name of tolerance. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/lets-talk-about-tolerance/

I was recently suspended from this board for two weeks for suggesting that transgenderism is a mental illlness. That is, the problem isn’t that the person’s chromosomes and anatomy are wrong, but that the brain is simply confused. So the solution isn’t hormones and surgery in a misguided attempt to make the body confirm to the mind, but in therapy to fix what is wrong with the mind. I was told that my opinion in this regard might be offensive to transgender people. So the solution was to silence me...on this purported discussion board...for offering an opinion that some might find offensive. 

I cited the opinions of innumerable psychiatrists and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5), published by the American Psychiatric Association. So my opinion is supported by experts in the field and their definitive guide to such matters. It didn’t matter. The mere possibility of hurt feelings trumps all. 

Some discussion board. 

This has already been covered in the other thread you started to cry about how you've been treated so you can claim victimhood. Feel free to continue, but I'd recommend reading and understanding @knapplc's post in the other thread.

• Plus1 2

I wouldn't say RD is a liberal. Liberals aren't tolerant to hate or people who aren't tolerant or are problematic. How can someone be tolerant of the LGBTQAI community and also be tolerant of Westboro baptist church? How can someone be tolerant of a racist yet claim they support the minority communities. Those are direct contradictions, so your idea of tolerance is a bit funny. Someone can't be tolerant of literally everything or they wouldn't have a view to begin with

• Plus1 2

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The tolerance of liberals is on full display here. :lol: :lol: :lol:  You’re perfectly cool with silencing the opinions of those you disagree with. How sad.

The other thread was deleted Denver....because ....you know...tolerance.

If only there was text from my post that exactly contradicted what you're saying...

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

This has already been covered in the other thread you started to cry about how you've been treated so you can claim victimhood. Feel free to continue, but I'd recommend reading and understanding @knapplc's post in the other thread.

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If we're being honest, there isn't much of a sample size here other than liberals for you to make this "claim".

Of the people who regularly post in this forum, I would say about half would say they are moderate or even moderately conservative. Unless you think those are also liberals, then I guess you would be right.

• Plus1 4