Meatball Sandwiches/Pic

I finally got around to making meatball sandwiches for the first time the other day.  After googling a lot, I finally decided which one to make except I put my own spin on it.  We really liked them and I like that I can prep it ahead of time and bake it when needed.  I tried to post it in Brad’s categories he made, but I am not sure if I did it right so will just post my recipes here.  I am sorry if I offend members, 

I try my best to be an asset to this board.

Meatball Sandwiches:

Depending on how much hamburger and sausage you use, adjust amounts.

1 Jar Emeril’s Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
1 Package Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
Used A Little Less Than 2 lbs. Lean Hamburger
1 Bunch Garlic, Chopped Fine
Garlic Salt, To Taste
Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Chopped White Onions, To Taste
1 Cup Milk
2 Eggs, Whisked Well In Bowl
6 Slices White Bread
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, To Taste
Kraft Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese, To Taste
Hoagie Buns

In a bowl, put the 6 slices of white bread in and pour 1 cup of milk over: let it sit for a few minutes.

In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, sausage, garlic, onions, Garlic Salt, Ground Black Pepper, eggs, Kraft Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese and the bread/egg mixture.  Mix well, using your hands; form into desired size meatballs.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a large glass baking dish with non-sick spray.

Once the oven is preheated, put the meatballs in baking dish and cover the meatballs with the sauce.

I baked the meatballs for 1 hour, but depending on the size you make the meatballs, you will have to adjust the time.

A few minutes before the meatballs are done, sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese over the meatballs and bake until the cheese is melted

The same time you put the cheese on top, have a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake the Hoagie Buns until they are toasted.

Plate and cut Hoagie Buns in half.

***I sprinkle Parmesan Cheese from a can on top of the meatballs before putting the top Hoagie Bun on.

Pictures are of when the meatballs come out of the oven and on Hoagie Buns.

48F1A950-E523-4739-B8D8-6006FB84C737.jpeg

6226CC59-A7DD-4670-A8CC-0E05E02AC7DC.jpeg

• Plus1 1