Kenya Hunter to UConn

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

That's a great answer to a question I didn't ask.

But since you brought it up, Erstad winning the conference last year would seem to be better than any of our football coaches for the last 20 years.

Solich won the conference in '99. 

Anyways, if you don't see the parallels, then I can't help you. I think we've hijacked this thread enough, though. 

Now, Hunter will go out and recruit for a brand name that resonates nationwide.

“When I went up to UConn,’’ he said, “once you walk into their practice facility, the amount of NBA guys and great players who have been through there and winning a national championship four years ago — and they have four of those — is really impressive.

“It’s not easier there because you have to work no matter where you are. But the brand name and the tradition of winning there will be good to work from. I’m excited about it.’’

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/assistant-coach-kenya-hunter-leaving-nebraska-basketball-to-join-dan/article_3462db21-8a27-5d28-88f4-d9a7b998e44d.html

I'm torn. Part of me is sad for Nebraska but part of me is really fired up to see what he can do for my Huskies to return us back to the top of college basketball :cheers

Rashon Bruno with a comeback story? 

If Miles wants to stay he needs a recruiter who can teach post moves and coach some offense. We desperately need an X's and O's guy. We are still offensively challenged despite having so much offensive firepower. Whoever it is will need to be paid top dollar as a lead assistant because I believe Kenya Hunter was the lead assistant under Miles.

Another name could be John Thompson III if he wants an assistant job. He also has that Georgetown connection that Miles so desperately likes and he would be a good recruiter. He definitely could teach guys some post moves as he has worked and developed some really good post players. He can also be that offensive bench coach that I believe Miles needs. 

Edited by HuskermanMike

Losing Hunter sucks. I'll admit I'm the biggest Tim Miles honk there is, but this smells fishy to me. I hope this doesn't start a landslide of other things. Hopefully we can bring in another good recruiter and X's and O's guy. I truly believe that we have the talent to win a couple of tourney games next year, but we need everyone coming back and continue bringing in recruits. Not going to lie, this makes me nervous about the rest of the off season.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:13 AM, pearljammer said:

Losing Hunter sucks. I'll admit I'm the biggest Tim Miles honk there is, but this smells fishy to me. I hope this doesn't start a landslide of other things. Hopefully we can bring in another good recruiter and X's and O's guy. I truly believe that we have the talent to win a couple of tourney games next year, but we need everyone coming back and continue bringing in recruits. Not going to lie, this makes me nervous about the rest of the off season.

Hunter is a good recruiter, but our big guys have never showed a lot of development.

On 4/9/2018 at 3:11 PM, HuskermanMike said:

This guy might be on the shortlist.

Image result for rick pitino

The moral part of me wants no part of Pitino.

The competitive part of me absolutely wants Pitino.  He's such a good coach.  Frankly, I'm not sure how Nebraska fans would react to such amazing in game coaching.  I know @seaofred92's face would probably melt like in the Indiana Jones movies.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

The moral part of me wants no part of Pitino.

The competitive part of me absolutely wants Pitino.  He's such a good coach.  Frankly, I'm not sure how Nebraska fans would react to such amazing in game coaching.  I know @seaofred92's face would probably melt like in the Indiana Jones movies.

I don't want him to coach Nebraska but it would be nice to have a coach on the sidelines that at least knew what he was doing 

• Plus1 1