Post-Practice Presser - April 10

7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

A little surprised on his 'running ability' as at JUCO he didn't even run for 100 yards on the entire season. I get the opportunities may not have been there though. I still think Martinez or Gebbia start day 1. 

His lack of running in juco might explain why he avoided the question about whether Frost offense or Riley offense suited his skills better. Maybe he is still trying to figure out the answer. I thought it was odd how he paused to think over the question and then his answer had little to do with the question.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

His lack of running in juco might explain why he avoided the question about whether Frost offense or Riley offense suited his skills better. Maybe he is still trying to figure out the answer. I thought it was odd how he paused to think over the question and then his answer had little to do with the question.

I'm all for the best man getting PT, but I also found his interview a little odd and short. I'm sure it's his first time with that many people in front of him with a camera and recorder. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm all for the best man getting PT, but I also found his interview a little odd and short. I'm sure it's his first time with that many people in front of him with a camera and recorder. 

I’m also wondering if he contemplated spilling the beans about the previous regime, thought better of it and just threw out a pre thought out statement. It’s probable that he didn’t get many reps in practice under Riley and doesn’t think he was given an opportunity. Complete guess on my part.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

I’m also wondering if he contemplated spilling the beans about the previous regime, thought better of it and just threw out a pre thought out statement. It’s probable that he didn’t get many reps in practice under Riley and doesn’t think he was given an opportunity. Complete guess on my part.

This was more along my lines of thinking as well

10 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

That is very possible 

10 minutes ago, tattooedhusker said:

This was more along my lines of thinking as well

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

That is very possible 

I think we need to also consider the possibility that we are crazy for trying to interpret a pause and odd answer from a kid.... nah, we’re good :D

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

He may have been about ready to open up and say that he is feeling good about his chance and sees himself as the potential starter - then he had visions of what SF may do with that quote and lost his train of thought.

As you stated later, the guessing is a little crazy.... However if you guess enough times at some point you will usually be right!!!

Edited by GBRFAN
1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

He may have been about ready to open up and say that he is feeling good about his chance and sees himself as the potential starter - then he had visions of what SF may do with that quote and lost his train of thought.

As you stated later, the guessing is a little crazy.... However if you guess enough times at some point you will usually be right!!!

So as an answer to the question it would have been something like "I fit better in the new offense.  Under Riley I was stuck on the bench but now I'm probably a starter".  That's possible.  Frost may have instructed players not to disparage the previous coaching staff which might have caused him to rethink his answer.

I think it's just a matter of time before we crack the Bunch mystery.

I would think Frost has stressed in no uncertain terms that players are NOT to disparage other players or coaches or media or fans or anyone.   Period.   That seems like a good policy for all concerned.   Making bold or brash statements is a little 'uncool' for members of a team that just went 4-8.   They better let the actions speak for them instead of words.  

• Plus1 1