Tommie Frazier or Scott Frost

Tommie Frazier vs Scott Frost   

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Neither of them had realistic chances of winning the Heisman. That Frazier finished 2nd is actually pretty insane in it's own right.

I disagree.  I think if Frazier had stayed healthy in 1994, he would have easily won it.  He was the leading candidate by a pretty wide margin if I recall correctly.  And how he didn't win it in 1995 is akin to Jethro Tull beating Metallica for the Grammy back in the day.  Yeah Eddie George was a good player in his own right, but Frazier was just on a different level.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I disagree.  I think if Frazier had stayed healthy in 1994, he would have easily won it.  He was the leading candidate by a pretty wide margin if I recall correctly.  And how he didn't win it in 1995 is akin to Jethro Tull beating Metallica for the Grammy back in the day.  Yeah Eddie George was a good player in his own right, but Frazier was just on a different level.

In truth, Lawrence Phillips had the trophy locked up in 1995 before everything went down with that.  I have always felt that hurt Tommie's voting as he wasn't considered by many nationally to be the best player on his own team.

• Plus1 3
28 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

In truth, Lawrence Phillips had the trophy locked up in 1995 before everything went down with that.  I have always felt that hurt Tommie's voting as he wasn't considered by many nationally to be the best player on his own team.

Yup I agree. Coming off a 1,800 rushing season he was averaging 11 ypc and had 6 TDs through only 2 games before being suspended. Had over 200 rushing yards against Saban at Mich St 

I voted for Tommie.  But the talent gap might not be as great as the voting indicates.  If the years were reversed and SF played on the '93-'95 teams would we still think of Frazier and Frost in the same light?  I dunno.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  :dunno 

34 minutes ago, NUance said:

I voted for Tommie.  But the talent gap might not be as great as the voting indicates.  If the years were reversed and SF played on the '93-'95 teams would we still think of Frazier and Frost in the same light?  I dunno.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  :dunno 

Frost went to play at Stanford as a DB because he knew he would have to sit the bench behind the greatest college QB for 2 years.  

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I'm not trying to troll here, but the "Frazier got screwed out of the Heisman" take probably isn't accurate.

He certainly could have won it. You can make a strong case for it. But people act like it was an injustice on the same level as Paul Hornung winning over Jim Brown.

Eddie George had a great year and was a worthy Heisman winner. If you want to say Frazier was more worthy, that's fine. But this isn't the Portland Trail Blazers taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

And I loved Frost as a player, but he wasn't even the best offensive player on his own team. So no, Frost shouldn't have won the Heisman. 

Wasn't Frost the first QB to throw and run for 1000 yards?

42 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Frost went to play at Stanford as a DB because he knew he would have to sit the bench behind the greatest college QB for 2 years.  

Heh.   Bill Walsh must have been a very innovative coach.  His DB Scott Frost threw for 464 yards and 2 TDs in 1994.  LINK