POB...still in the QB room?

16 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not a thread.  It's called everyone demoting him to 4th string in their lineups or saying he'd transfer after spring.  Even if they're right, they're still wrong.  Saying he's too slow, and so on and so forth.  It's been the running narrative in most QB discussion on this board for quite sometime.

Everyone? The narrative in most QB discussions?

Funny I hadn't garnered that from these pages before. The idea I got was that most everyone wanted him to supplant Lee as starter and be successful. Guess I'll have to read things much closer. Personally I don't care who the QB is as long as he's good and not a turnover machine.

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Mods - can we merge this into one of the other POB threads on this topic?

Sorry....I started this after hearing what I heard. I didn't know there was another or multiple threads discussing this. I didn't want it in the standard football forum because of it's possible rumory nature.

8 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Sorry....I started this after hearing what I heard. I didn't know there was another or multiple threads discussing this. I didn't want it in the standard football forum because of it's possible rumory nature.

I don't think she meant yours (?)  There was a new post on POB transferring.

• Plus1 1

I did see that Frost said the spring game wont really tell them anymore about the players ability.  He also said he would meet with the players individually and let them know where they stand and get their opinion on his assessment.  

Frost isn’t going to sugar coat anything. He will tell folks where they are at and let them know what it means.  I also think that if a player isn’t 100% on board, they might be shown the door.

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not a thread.  It's called everyone demoting him to 4th string in their lineups or saying he'd transfer after spring.  Even if they're right, they're still wrong.  Saying he's too slow, and so on and so forth.  It's been the running narrative in most QB discussion on this board for quite sometime.

There is a HUGE difference between any of that and "pulling for POB to fail".

• Plus1 7

I think three things are largely playing against POB in the fan base right now: his perceived lack of fit in the offense, not taking part in interviews this week (for whatever the reason) and memories of the rumors that he rubbed teammates the wrong way early in his career.

That's a far cry from hoping he fails. I sincerely hope he's bought in and is playing his butt off for that starting spot, and I hope that's what he continues to do his entire career here.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Everyone? The narrative in most QB discussions?

Funny I hadn't garnered that from these pages before. The idea I got was that most everyone wanted him to supplant Lee as starter and be successful. Guess I'll have to read things much closer. Personally I don't care who the QB is as long as he's good and not a turnover machine.

Not having a turnover prone QB is key. How long ha it been? I like TM and TA, but both gave up the ball too often. I have already blocked our most recent QB out of my mind, but I see the Huskers were leaders in throwing ints last year.