POB...still in the QB room?

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So does the full release mean that he can play right away at any school? If so thats a really good look for Frost. Those schools that get all petty when kids leave just end up looking like a$$hole$. 

He will have to sit out a year...but he can go to any school that offers him.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So does the full release mean that he can play right away at any school? If so thats a really good look for Frost. Those schools that get all petty when kids leave just end up looking like a$$hole$. 

He will still have to sit out the 2018 season.  Full release just means that POB can look at any school he wants, there are no restrictions on his transfer.

4 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

No same rules always apply.

CC would allow him to play right away and transfer after.

Unless he can GRAD transfer right now which I doubt.

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I can picture the conversation...

POB:  "Hey, Coach Frost...Ummm...Could I talk with you a moment, in private?"

Frost:  "Sure...here is your release, I signed it 10 days ago"

POB:  "But, wait, how did you know I was going to ask for that?"

Frost:  "Come on, even all the posters on HB knew"

Wait, is the takeaway from this faux exchange that HuskerBoard knew POB was going to ask for a release 10 days ago, or that Scott Frost slums it on HuskerBoard?

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Can POB go to a BIG school? Should we be worried if he does?

Maybe this is obvious and I don't see it, but why leave the team now and not after spring? He said he is finishing the semester at NU, so might as well stay on the team and get whatever training and conditioning you can right? It's not like they were just going to have him sit on the bench for the rest of spring practices.

6 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Maybe this is obvious and I don't see it, but why leave the team now and not after spring? He said he is finishing the semester at NU, so might as well stay on the team and get whatever training and conditioning you can right? It's not like they were just going to have him sit on the bench for the rest of spring practices.

Because POB is hardly getting any reps with the team, and sticking around would be a waste of his time.  He can chill out the rest of the semester and have his dad start contacting other coaches for potential transfer opportunities.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, he can go to a B1G school.  I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Me either, and he would not only lose the year he sits out, he would also lose an extra year of eligibility because he's transferring within conference.  Sitting out one year would cost him 2.  Not sure he'd be willing to do that.  Most likely he heads back west.