Helu Jr. Vs. Burkhead

Which RB would you take?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 fan favorites.  Both with heart, character and the ability to grind out the yards.....Helu and his 307 yards vs Mizzou....Rex and his 38 carries against Iowa.....again heart and character from both.

I'm going with Rex for the simple reason he ran so much of the Rexcat in 2010.  Hardest choice for me thus far in the polling.  

• Plus1 1

I would take Helu for the real halfback speed he had.  That 2010 Mizzou game (we were supposed to lose) He totally put the team on his back and went beast mode and destroyed Mizzou.  

Rex had great durability, toughness, and hands.  But he could not split the corners like Helu could.

Rex because he made more positive yards out of negative plays. Ran low, hard, twisted, turned and gained extra yards that moved chains. Anyone can run in open space, yet Rex was tough and illusive within a pile of defenders. Need 2 yards? He got 3 when defenders penetrated the line somehow. All the time.

Maybe it's not ESPN exciting, but die hards loved it (me included)

• Plus1 2

Helu all day for me, as tough as Rex with speed to burn.  Rex definitely has more 'flash' plays for me, both good and bad.  With Helu it's the Mizzou game.  With Rex, you've got the juke against Ohio State, the killer drop against Texas and a handful of others.

10 hours ago, admo said:

Rex because he made more positive yards out of negative plays. Ran low, hard, twisted, turned and gained extra yards that moved chains. Anyone can run in open space, yet Rex was tough and illusive within a pile of defenders. Need 2 yards? He got 3 when defenders penetrated the line somehow. All the time.

Maybe it's not ESPN exciting, but die hards loved it (me included)

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Rex's ability to turn negative plays into positive yards is the difference for me. Love them both, would liked to have voted "Yes" but if I have to choose, it's Rex.

:yeah

I have never seen anyone turn more one-yard-losses into three-yard-gains.

Rex definitely doesn't have the last gear but always got the tough yards and could also make guys miss.

I love me some Helu as well but if I have to choose, I take Rex.

• Plus1 2

It's interesting that the Mizzou game is referenced so much in defense of Helu.

His three 60+ yard runs literally nobody ever touched him. Part of that is due to him being fast, but more of it is due to the offensive line opening up some canyons for him. I just watched every carry he had through the first 3 quarters and there was one legitimate broken tackle or play where he made someone miss.

Burkhead, on the other hand, made plays like these seem regular and normal:

• Plus1 1