Westerkamp vs. Swift

Westerkamp vs Swift  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Loved Swift, but we will never see a player like Westerkamp anytime soon, if ever. Great routes, breaking routes, body positioning, amazing hands, smarts and was reliable over and over. Even in big games.

Didn't matter if it was 5 yards needed or 15. Just throw it to him. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, admo said:

Loved Swift, but we will never see a player like Westerkamp anytime soon, if ever. Great routes, breaking routes, body positioning, amazing hands, smarts and was reliable over and over. Even in big games.

All of that can pretty accurately be said about Swift also.

Swift would be remembered much more highly if it wasn't for the addition of Maurice Purify in 06 and 07, who took his starting spot at that receiver position. Swift had almost 700 yards his freshman year! I didn't even remember that. Crazy, too, the difference in career yardage between the two is two yards.

7 hours ago, admo said:

I think Stanley Morgan Jr already checks a lot of those boxes excepts the hands part.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

They're almost identical, so for me it came down to who had the better stache.

o3ggMri.jpg58fYMqc.jpg

If you don't love me                                                               then you don't deserve me

at my                                                                                        at my

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

All of that can pretty accurately be said about Swift also.

Swift would be remembered much more highly if it wasn't for the addition of Maurice Purify in 06 and 07, who took his starting spot at that receiver position. Swift had almost 700 yards his freshman year! I didn't even remember that. Crazy, too, the difference in career yardage between the two is two yards.

I went with Westerkamp for a couple reasons. Everything that he got his hands on, he caught, where as Swift lost focus at times and let the ball go through his hands. Nate also had more accurate/prototypical QBs throwing him the ball than Jordan. If the roles had been reversed, I believe Westerkamp would have been the leading receiver in Nebraska history.

I also like his name, so I guess there are three things :)

• Plus1 1

I had to go wt Westy - This was really hard as Swift has always been near the top of my favorite NU players.  Work ethic, durability, good routes, dependable. 

Westy - had the miracle hail Mary catch, the behind the back catch and was just an automatic if the ball was thrown near him.  He suffered by not having a quality passer throw to

him. I think he would excel in Frost's system wt a quality throwing QB.   He seemed to be deceptive in his speed as he found ways to get open - good routes contribute to that as well.