Paul Ryan not running for reelection

House Speaker Paul Ryan will not run for re-election

WASHINGTON — Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan will not run for re-election, a source tells the Associated Press.

More to come.

This is literally the article that's available right now. :D  I'll update as more & better news comes in.  But this is the clearest sign yet that the Republicans are all but ceding the House to Democrats this mid-term. 

So long, Paul Ryan.  History will not remember you well.

Edited by knapplc
  • Plus1 2

Yes, just heard the news on the radio.  So long Trump also.  Impeachment trial will soon start after San Fran Nan gets the gavel back into her hands. Pretty amazing for a Speaker to take that immediate drastic step outside of a scandal.   If the Dems take over, I hope they elect someone other than Nancy as speaker - time for new blood on top.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure why age has to anything to do with it.

Age MAY have something to do with it because the dems have a huge backing of younger voters.  However, they have an even larger backing of young women voters, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't Pelosi.

Ultimately it won't really matter much who it is, it'd be impossible to have less of a spine than Ryan, so its going to be a net gain for the country.

• Plus1 1