** 2018 Opponent Previews: Colorado (Game 2) **

Watched the full game finally. CSU isn’t good, but I expected more out of their offense since Bobo is such a good offensive minded coach. I’ll give Colorado’s defense some credit there, but less credit on offense because CSU is really bad there.

Colorado rotated a lot of defensive lineman, I couldn’t really get a grasp of who was the best there because it seemed like several guys made plays. Definitely a bit of CSU being overmatched, but #34, #33, #95, #16, and #56 all made plays on their DLine. I admit, I came away more impressed with that grouping than I thought I would but we won’t let them rotate as much and we will have a better OLine. Their ILBs were very impressive, especially #53 Nate Landman. I’ve read that #32 Rick Gamboa is slow and unathletic, but that he’s a coach on the field type and they’ve done a better job adding speed around him so he doesn’t get exposed as much. CB #1 Abrams really stood out, he’s physical and long. #4 got beat quite a bit, I think we will attack him all day. #6 Worthington will be an NFL draft pick safety and he definitely cleans up a lot for them.

The offense was impressive but we won’t be as slow and afraid of contact - corners, please make tackles. Biggest difference in our matchup is that our DLine is probably at least 30lbs heavier on average as CSU has a really small DLine. They have big WRs and did a great job moving Shenault, Jr. around so that CSU couldn’t get good coverage set on him. QB Montez looks great, maybe even elite at times, but he also looks really, really bad at times. He will get rattled by our crowd and Chinander’s aggressive defense and their entire offense will struggle because of it. I expect us to make some mistakes in our first game, but as long as we force some too than I’m not too worried.

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Well you got to admire their confidence lol 

Our record was worse than theirs last season.

The thing that cracks me up every time I read it is when people mention new coaches like it’s a negative. I don’t think anyone other than us understands how much of our problem was the coaches being a liability.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Don’t like reading some of those comments in the tweet. Buffs fans suck and we are better than them. No need to be nasty, just beat them and forget about them for a year like we used to.

I take umbrage with reporters asking the players about the rivalry with CU. We’re so desperate for a rival that we’re rewriting history to create one.

I am seeing people on other forums taking CU in this one or us winning by a last second field goal. I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Is everyone that scared of Colorado? How can you honestly have confidence in this staff/team if you don't see them beating CU at home.

1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

I am seeing people on other forums taking CU in this one or us winning by a last second field goal. I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Is everyone that scared of Colorado? How can you honestly have confidence in this staff/team if you don't see them beating CU at home.

Nick Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in the 11th game of his first season at Alabama. I don't know if it should accurately called being 'scared', but there's nothing unreasonable about a perspective that says, "yeah, i mean, even if most of the pieces are there changing everything and getting to a high level of success will definitely take some time and probably go through some growing pains."

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I think it's just the stress of us not seeing what the start of the Frost era will look like, feel cheated out of the first game. Colorado has a good QB and a few good players around him. Other than that we should be able to control the game. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I was honestly nervous when the Akron game started. Then I heard Frost and the players talk again Monday and I think we’re gonna beat Colorado by at least 20 points.

I understand the other perspectice though. I think we are all just too used to how things have been for the past 6 years or so. Mostly the past 3 but even before that there were teams we seemed better than that we barely beat. It’s harder to believe we’re gonna beat anyone at all handily anymore because we’re used to not doing that.