Lavonte David vs. Terrell Farley vs. Demorrio Williams

Which OLB?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This might be my favorite of the recent 'vs.' polls.  Agree that there is no wrong answer here.  David has been my favorite LB since Carlos Polk but my childhood bias towards the heat seeking missile that was Terrell Farley shall forever be etched onto my psyche. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I don't see how anyone could vote someone other than Farley. Y'all need to go back and watch the videos again. David was awesome but Farley was double awesome.

Obviously all three were plenty good. I'm not going out on a limb saying that Farley had the best talent around him. He played for two years with Wistrom, Tomich and Jason Peter. That's a pair of first round picks and a second rounder in front of him.

All that's to say that it's easier to fly around and do whatever you want as a linebacker when you're surrounded by the best players in the country up front. Farley could take more risks because he had other All Americans around to pick up the slack if he guessed wrong. He could abandon an assignment based on a gut instinct with fewer repercussions than David or Williams. 

• Plus1 2