Xfinity(Comcast) dropping Big Ten Network in Some Markets

Yeah that may be the last straw with Comcast for me also. It was bad enough that I had to get the extra cost "sports tier" just to get BTN. The other 8 or 10 channels on that sports tier are garbage. Why would a major cable provider do this? The B1G has a pretty large footprint across the country. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

We cut the cord and now we use a Roku stick. We subscribe to several apps one of which is PSVue. I have to pay a little extra to get the sports package that includes the BTN but I really don't mind since I only pay during football season. It think its 5 bucks a month?

That's exactly the route we were planning on.  Like i said, this just gave me a huge incentive to pull the trigger.

6 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Thinking about moving from the heart of B1G country and losing BTN made me a little sad.  Problem solved.

?????? FYI, you can get BTN outside of B1G country (I'm on the east coast) - this is news to me that we might be losing BTN though.  Task 1 for today.

7 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

We cut the cord and now we use a Roku stick. We subscribe to several apps one of which is PSVue. I have to pay a little extra to get the sports package that includes the BTN but I really don't mind since I only pay during football season. It think its 5 bucks a month?

Core Slim Bundle for $44.99 has BTN.

4 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Core Slim Bundle for $44.99 has BTN.

Yep, or you can get the Access bundle for $40/month and then add the sports package for $5/month just during the football season, which is what I do because I don't watch BTN except for the Husker football games.

1 hour ago, JimmyBuckets said:

I have YouTube TV and love it. You can select your favorite teams and it automatically records all of their games. Comes with BTN and a bunch of other sports channels.

That's a cool feature.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, NM11046 said:

?????? FYI, you can get BTN outside of B1G country (I'm on the east coast) - this is news to me that we might be losing BTN though.  Task 1 for today.

I wouldn’t want to pay extra for BTN. That would be the case where moving to and will soon be the case here. Probably time to cut cord anyway.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's still available via Comcast if you live in a B1G state.  Which makes me happy

This clarifies what is happening https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/big-ten-network-comcast-tv-channel-dropped

The out-of-market Big Ten Network feed, which was carried on Sports & Entertainment pkg in non-Big Ten states, was dropped in some areas. Big Ten Network in-market feed, available to customers in Big Ten states in the regular channel line-up, will continue to be available. 

I assumed that as of May 10 you would need to pay extra to get BTN everywhere. My frugality wouldn’t allow that. 

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

This clarifies what is happening https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/big-ten-network-comcast-tv-channel-dropped

The out-of-market Big Ten Network feed, which was carried on Sports & Entertainment pkg in non-Big Ten states, was dropped in some areas. Big Ten Network in-market feed, available to customers in Big Ten states in the regular channel line-up, will continue to be available. 

I assumed that as of May 10 you would need to pay extra to get BTN everywhere. My frugality wouldn’t allow that. 

Whew.  I was a lit pissed there for a second.  I still think that sucks though.