Huskers vs. B1G West

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

Yes it actually does.  Nebraska football has a storied and interesting history.   All of these coaches are part of that.   The importance lies in the legacy that this history gives us.  Football greatness isn't just placed on the perceived winners at Nebraska.  BC almost won a big 12 title.   Frank played in NC game.  Bo brought in some high caliber players that have part of Nebraska history.   Mike....well showed us exactly what can go wrong when you are weak minded.   Your childish sarcasm for dismissing important parts of Nebraska football is baffling because now you have this belief that we going to do better then those other coaches, so all of that doesn't matter?   Well the games mattered to me during those coaches.   Every single one of them was important, the coaches were important.  Nebraska badly needed new leadership after 3 (yes Tom included) failed Athletic Directors, all of that is important.   So yes those wins were important.

Bo Pelini was a better Nebraska coach than Mike Riley, happy?

And no, it doesn't matter.  Why?  Because neither of them are on our sidelines this year.  Do you think anyone will give a s#!t that Bo had a better win average than Riley when we finally win a conference title?  I sure as s#!t won't.  Yeah yeah history blah blah.  Guess what, history will show that Bo got blown out and couldn't win a big one and got fired.

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Here we go again with the Pelini vs Riley who is better debate. They both SUCK. And they are both GONE. Forever. Please let this stupid debate on which kid is the skinniest kid in fat camp die already. 

Hear hear

8 hours ago, Redux said:

Bo Pelini was a better Nebraska coach than Mike Riley, happy?

And no, it doesn't matter.  Why?  Because neither of them are on our sidelines this year.  Do you think anyone will give a s#!t that Bo had a better win average than Riley when we finally win a conference title?  I sure as s#!t won't.  Yeah yeah history blah blah.  Guess what, history will show that Bo got blown out and couldn't win a big one and got fired.

Hear hear

Seriously pains me that fans like you exist.   Yes history and it does matter.  Ganz, Ameer, Burkhead, Lucky, Swift, B. Jackson, David, Suh, Crick, Bullocks Boys, linemen upon linemen, Bradley, Washington, Hagg, Gomes, Dennard.  Ect I could go on.   All of that,  all of those guys, the coaches are all important,  every single game was important.   All the games Bo won are important, Gator Bowl, 57 yarder, Alamo against Michigan (BC coach but it was important).  On and on.  Yes I will remember Bo because he was close to getting something done here, because he largely saved a program that almost gave itself the death sentence.   If he doesn't turn that team around to 9 wins under the guidance of Osborne this program may have never survived.  Bo was damn good under the condition he was put in.   So no you pompous wanna be Nebraska fan,  I'll remember.  The joy out of the wins, the absolute disappointment when 1 second was illegally put back on the clock. 

Everything is important at Nebraska lest you forget that because many of these "Husker Fans" sure have.  That is what makes this place great.

Edited by KingBlank
  • Plus1 2

Oh goody, can't let Bo go AND pulls the "You're not a good fan" card.  Well, be in pain as much as you need.  Sorry my existence causes such stress to your life.  Your allegiance to a guy who frankly doesn't give a s#!t about you is troubling.  Nowhere did I say the games and players don't matter.  It doesn't make any impact on this upcoming season, but if you want to keep living in 2010 that's your choice.  I have many fond memories of Pelinis tenure.  You need to understand that it's possible to remember the good and bad at the same time and look at something without rose colored glasses.  For every 307 yards by Helu against Mizzou, there was Wisconsin dumping 400 on us.  For every Hail Westerkamp there was losing to unranked Texas.  Etc.

The original point I was discussing, that you chose to turn into a Pro-Bo s#!t show, was that at this point in our programs history it makes ZERO difference who was better between Bo and Riley.  Wins and losses, it's Bo hands down.  Recruiting wise, it's debatable.  Game management etc., it's a tossup.  So on and so forth.  Bo had 7 years and a better win average.  Riley got 3 and had 1 good year and 2 disasters.  Bo was a better Nebraska coach.  Not many people would argue otherwise.

Now get over yourself.

• Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Seriously pains me that fans like you exist.   Yes history and it does matter.  Ganz, Ameer, Burkhead, Lucky, Swift, B. Jackson, David, Suh, Crick, Bullocks Boys, linemen upon linemen, Bradley, Washington, Hagg, Gomes, Dennard.  Ect I could go on.   All of that,  all of those guys, the coaches are all important,  every single game was important.   All the games Bo won are important, Gator Bowl, 57 yarder, Alamo against Michigan (BC coach but it was important).  On and on.  Yes I will remember Bo because he was close to getting something done here, because he largely saved a program that almost gave itself the death sentence.   If he doesn't turn that team around to 9 wins under the guidance of Osborne this program may have never survived.  Bo was damn good under the condition he was put in.   So no you pompous wanna be Nebraska fan,  I'll remember.  The joy out of the wins, the absolute disappointment when 1 second was illegally put back on the clock. 

Everything is important at Nebraska lest you forget that because many of these "Husker Fans" sure have.  That is what makes this place great.

Good spirit, but keep the focus about the post not the poster.

17 hours ago, Redux said:

Oh goody, can't let Bo go AND pulls the "You're not a good fan" card.  Well, be in pain as much as you need.  Sorry my existence causes such stress to your life.  Your allegiance to a guy who frankly doesn't give a s#!t about you is troubling.  Nowhere did I say the games and players don't matter.  It doesn't make any impact on this upcoming season, but if you want to keep living in 2010 that's your choice.  I have many fond memories of Pelinis tenure.  You need to understand that it's possible to remember the good and bad at the same time and look at something without rose colored glasses.  For every 307 yards by Helu against Mizzou, there was Wisconsin dumping 400 on us.  For every Hail Westerkamp there was losing to unranked Texas.  Etc.

The original point I was discussing, that you chose to turn into a Pro-Bo s#!t show, was that at this point in our programs history it makes ZERO difference who was better between Bo and Riley.  Wins and losses, it's Bo hands down.  Recruiting wise, it's debatable.  Game management etc., it's a tossup.  So on and so forth.  Bo had 7 years and a better win average.  Riley got 3 and had 1 good year and 2 disasters.  Bo was a better Nebraska coach.  Not many people would argue otherwise.

Now get over yourself.

I was on Bos side when he talked about fans leaving early.  I never have left early once, it is not my style.  He was too harsh for many fans, I understand that.  He wasn’t incorrect in being irritated they left early when we won.

Living in 2010?  Every single year of Nebraska football has had an impact on next year.  That is called tradition, that is why this place is amazing.  

I definitely do not wear the rose colored glasses about Nebraska football.  I was destroyed for Mike Riley opinions from the beginning, I never gave him a chance.  I was correct.

Yes it does make a difference because Bo had more wins, which the most important metric we go by when having a coach.  I mean seriously it does matter, it matters to everyone I have talked too.

You admittedly never gave Riley a chance, yet you're trying to convince everyone that Bo was some sort of major comtributor to the history and tradition of this program when we are 137 days away from kicking off Scott Frost's tenure as coach.  It's frankly sad why you can't see how ludicrous that is.

The only thing Bo Pelini truly gave us was a 67-27 record.  And it doesn't have any impact on this year, the 2018 season.  It doesn't, it just doesn't.  I fondly remember many of those 67 wins and I enjoyed most of his tenure.  But it's history.  And history shows that Bo got fired just like his predecessor.  Whether you want to believe it was his own fault or not is your choice.

When you're ready to join us in 2018 there are other threads concerning things that actually have a bearing on the current status of Nebraska Football, I reccomend checking them out.  Just leave your plus one in here.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

You admittedly never gave Riley a chance, yet you're trying to convince everyone that Bo was some sort of major comtributor to the history and tradition of this program when we are 137 days away from kicking off Scott Frost's tenure as coach.  It's frankly sad why you can't see how ludicrous that is.

The only thing Bo Pelini truly gave us was a 67-27 record.  And it doesn't have any impact on this year, the 2018 season.  It doesn't, it just doesn't.  I fondly remember many of those 67 wins and I enjoyed most of his tenure.  But it's history.  And history shows that Bo got fired just like his predecessor.  Whether you want to believe it was his own fault or not is your choice.

When you're ready to join us in 2018 there are other threads concerning things that actually have a bearing on the current status of Nebraska Football, I reccomend checking them out.  Just leave your plus one in here.

This thread is about the past several years.  Those years include Riley and Pelini....so their names might get mentioned a few times.

13 minutes ago, Redux said:

No

Previous coaches fit the narrative of this thread and people here are well within their right to discuss it, despite its potential annoyance.

And this really goes for everyone: if you don't like the content of the thread, please move on.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Previous coaches fit the narrative of this thread and people here are well within their right to discuss it, despite its potential annoyance.

And this really goes for everyone: if you don't like the content of the thread, please move on.

I was mostly being a smartass.  But fair enough.

My whole issue with arguing over whose better or worse stems largely from the fact that neither has an impressive resume vs the Big Ten or the West division.  Honestly when looking at both of their records I get really annoyed knowing it shouldn't be like this.  We shouldn't have a losing record against Iowa.  We shouldn't even have losses to Illiinois or Purdue (thanks Mike).  There is no reason why Nebraska shouldn't be fightining tooth and nail for the division and winning half the time.  Wisconsin may be good, but they aren't THAT damned good.  Better than we have been in a long time though, but still.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Redux said:

My whole issue with arguing over whose better or worse stems largely from the fact that neither has an impressive resume vs the Big Ten or the West division.  Honestly when looking at both of their records I get really annoyed knowing it shouldn't be like this.  We shouldn't have a losing record against Iowa.  We shouldn't even have losses to Illiinois or Purdue (thanks Mike).  There is no reason why Nebraska shouldn't be fightining tooth and nail for the division and winning half the time.  Wisconsin may be good, but they aren't THAT damned good.  Better than we have been in a long time though, but still.

That's fair. In fact, Nebraska has almost every single advantage necessary to compete and win those division titles (and even conference titles) with some modicum of regularity. The biggest missing piece, as Frost eluded to in Feldman's article yesterday, is leadership. Leadership from a lot of different areas.

I personally do find some of the conversations and analysis of previous regimes fascinating, depending on their context. They can sometimes be little more than coach bashing and that's irritating. But, if the conversation is driven within the narrative of where the program failed and areas/ways to improve, I think that can be a worthy discussion.

47 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I personally do find some of the conversations and analysis of previous regimes fascinating, depending on their context. They can sometimes be little more than coach bashing and that's irritating. But, if the conversation is driven within the narrative of where the program failed and areas/ways to improve, I think that can be a worthy discussion.

I'm not opposed to talking about our former coaches, I would even go so far as to say that Bo did a decent enough job that had we never left the Big 12 he would still be our coach.

But I'm not about to pretend that it mattets today who was better when both guys stunk the joint up enough to get fired.  Especially when the one who went 4-8 left in a classier manner than the one who left after a 9-3 year.  We finally have our coach, that's what matters.

Edited by Redux