Huskers vs. B1G West

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

But, he has also regularly acknowledged BP couldn't get over the hump. I think Frost understands some of the reasons why BP was let go even if he has respect for him.

Either way, Bo Pelini had failings as a coach and they manifested well before some of the tension between him, Perlman and SE.

I agree without question that Pelini couldn't get over the hump.

All I'm really saying is among Riley, Pelini and Callahan, Pelini did the best job of the three.

The commonality in the past twenty years of Husker football regarding decisions, was Perlman.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I agree without question that Pelini couldn't get over the hump.

All I'm really saying is among Riley, Pelini and Callahan, Pelini did the best job of the three.

The commonality in the past twenty years of Husker football regarding decisions, was Perlman.

In that sense, I can agree. Perlman did a lot of great things for the university from an education standpoint but he's one of the biggest reasons (if not the biggest) Nebraska football has been underwhelming for almost two decades. I believe he did the right thing bringing TO in and I think TO made a solid hire in 2008, but Perlman lost a lot of that goodwill with everything that went down surrounding TO's retirement and SE's hiring.