Huskers vs. B1G West

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Oh goody, another thread trying to say that Riley wasn’t that bad by saying Bo wasn’t very good either. I wanted Bo gone, but his tenure was 1000 times better than the Riley era. 

Not sure why you think that's what this topic is about. At a glance, Riley's numbers are worse against every team except Wisconsin. Most of our winning average scores turned into barely wins with Riley. And this doesn't count out of conference which Riley was a lot worse at. I like to think most think Riley was worse than Pelini but that Pelini needed to be fired.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It's probably the same people who think there are Husker fans who wanted POB to fail.

There probably are Husker Fans who wanted him to fail.  Just like there are Husker Fans who enjoyed watching the team lose over the last 3 years because they knew it would lead to Riley being fired.  But I'm sure you were referencing something specific I'm not privy to.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Redux said:

There probably are Husker Fans who wanted him to fail.  Just like there are Husker Fans who enjoyed watching the team lose over the last 3 years because they knew it would lead to Riley being fired.

Fans who "enjoyed" watching the team lose???  Sorry friend but I believe you're off the reservation here.  Granted, I haven't been on this board all that long, but I don't recall anyone posting that they enjoyed watching the team lose.  If there are posts to that effect, I would truly love to see them.

I think it would be more accurate to say there were people who were pretty sure Riley would fail, but supported him anyway because they wanted the team to do well.  That was my position: I was 90% certain Riley would fail, but I took zero joy from his (and the team's) failings.  And I would be hard pressed to believe without proof that there are fans who enjoyed seeing the team lose.