SI: Scott Frost's Plan to Lead Nebraska out of the Darkness

Love this article. It puts into words everything Husker fans alike have been thinking for ages 100% accurately. Now anytime someone is arguing about our optimism or just that we are gonna fire him in 2 years etc the usual talking points or that nebraska can't ever be good again because recruiting I can just refer them to this article instead of wasting my time arguing

• Plus1 2

Hot damn I love his confidence.

The pride Frost has in this place, in the people who built a championship program decades ago, is too powerful for him to conceal the anger—maybe even disgust—in his voice when he talks about what happened to Nebraska football.

Frost admits he and his staff were surprised that UCF broke through as fast as it did. “The same thing will happen here,” Frost says. “We’ll be a little better this year than they were last year, but it takes some time for the kids to really understand the scheme, and the systems and the details that make it work. We need a couple of years of training in the weight room and a couple of years of getting the culture established. Year two is when it’s gonna take off around here—and taking off doesn’t mean we’re gonna go undefeated, but we’ll be a really good team in two years.”

"We should be the highest-rated recruiting class at least in our half [of the Big Ten] every year with the facilities we have to offer and with the tradition we have here. We don’t need the No. 1 recruiting class in the country. We just need a top-25 class every year, and we can develop it.”

• Plus1 5

A common theme I've picked up on from the pressers with the players desire a desire to do what's best for the team. These kinds of comments have been from several players. Heck, Bunch was asked to contrast his time last year with what's happened so far. He skipped the question and said he wanted to help the team get better.

Why are these guys becoming selfless and wanting what's best not for themselves but what's best for the team? I think this quote about the decision to leave UCF tell us why.

“If they’re good enough coaches to take guys from 0–12 to 13–0, they’re good enough to coach anywhere,” he [Frost] says. “We had an unbelievable rapport with each other and our kids. We had a bunch of meetings to talk about what we wanted to do. At the end of the day, with 10 other guys in the room who are smarter than me, we came to a consensus that this was the best opportunity.”

Scott Frost was never leaving UCF alone. He wanted what was best for his coaching staff. The best way to teach these kinds of moral and values is to live them yourself. People spoke highly of Mike Riley's morals and how he impacted his players. I don't see a drop off in these intangibles. The boys are becoming men with not only excellent football coaches but excellent life coaches as well.

(I'm ashamed of my coach crush but damn it!)

Edited by Gage County
  • Plus1 1

Frost admits he and his staff were surprised that UCF broke through as fast as it did. “The same thing will happen here,” Frost says. “We’ll be a little better this year than they were last year, but it takes some time for the kids to really understand the scheme, and the systems and the details that make it work. We need a couple of years of training in the weight room and a couple of years of getting the culture established. Year two is when it’s gonna take off around here—and taking off doesn’t mean we’re gonna go undefeated, but we’ll be a really good team in two years.”

You mean Scott Frost, our head coach, doesn't think that we're going to greatly defy expectations next year, and doesn't think we can win every game?!? SAD!!

• Plus1 3

Truly an excellent read.  This will be fun watching it develop.  Few of us were around when BobFather Devaney took over a broken team.  Look what he started and passed off to Tom who made it even better.  We have a ring side seat to watch Husker history in the making.  Enjoy the view:snacks:

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Scott, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king.

Related image

Don't make me cry! :cry(or is it allergies)