Tim Miles receives one-year contract extension

Better than nothing but not a huge vote of confidence either. I take it as a business decision Moos made to show a little vote of confidence while limiting the payout amount if next year turns in to a dumpster fire. I'm hoping they can build off last year, bring everyone back and get that elusive tourney win. Not gonna lie though, Hunter leaving and now Xavier opening his recruiting really makes me nervous.

I try and remind myself of how we all felt when Jacobsen, Morrow and the others transferred and we actually got better then next year. Just going to put my head in the sand and think happy thoughts.

It's a vote of no-confidence from Moos. Basically, Moos is saying "I would have fired you this past season except you miraculously rattled off 22 wins."

It sucks that we're basically going to waste another year treading water.  But if the Frost hire is anything to go on, I trust Moos to get a good coach after this plays out. 

And hey, if Miles gets a great assistant, keeps his team mostly intact and closes a good recruiting class, plus competes well in the Big Ten next year, maybe he gets a real extension this time next year.

• Plus1 3

This was the right move.  If Moos wouldn't have given Miles anextension it would have hamstrung our recruiting for the year and been a huge setback for the future.  And as Knapp said, you just don't fire a coach who manages 22 wins.  Especially considering our B1G 10 record.  

• Plus1 1